Defensive Carry banner

New Rugers

4K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  gregnsc 
#1 ·
My list may miss one or two but Ruger has all sorts of new guns on their site.

SR1911 Commander
SR45- I'm sure the SR45c is on the way
SR22 with silver anodize finish
SR22 with threaded barrel
LC380- basically LC9 for 380, I don't get that one so much
LCR 22 Mag WMRF
Super Redhawk Alaskan in 480
Super Redhawk in 480
Single Nine 22 WMRF

And it looks like the P345 has been dropped from the lineup and replaced by the SR45

I'm still hoping that they introduce an LCR 9mm.

#2 ·
Great! Now we only need to wait 10-12 months for the supply circus to catch up.

Reactions: rammerjammer
#5 ·
Question is, with the p345 gone, is the Sr45 single or double stack? I have a p345 and like the single stack size.

#7 ·
Oooh, that Commander looks nice. I've been looking for one in my price range (under $800). Gotta come up with a way to convince the husband I need yet another pistol, lol! I promised him I'd look into a rifle for myself.

#9 ·
LC380 looks interesting. All the advantages of the LC9 without all the lawyer safety garbage.

#10 ·
I think that the LC380 does have all the lawyer stuff.

From the website- "SAFETY FEATURES include internal lock, manual safety, magazine safety and loaded chamber indicator which provides
visual and tactile indication that chamber is loaded."

#14 ·
Someone on the LCP forum claims to have handled a new LCP at a gun shop his cousin works at. Said the trigger pull was shorter and the sights were more pronounced. At first people thought he was confusing it with the LC380, but he owns both and LCP and an LC9 and was sure this was an LCP. Checking the LCP's page on ruger.com, there's no mention of changes but the sights on the image DO look more pronounced when I compared it to mine. Specifically the front.
If that's the case it's not much of a change, but it show's they're listening... at least a little. If after market company's can put "real" sights on I don't think it'd be much of a challenge for Ruger to do it standard.

#15 ·
Bummer. Wonder what happened, did Ruger hire some guys from S&W? Gees, guns are supposed to go bang.

#16 ·
I didn't expect to see the commander until they caught up on orders for the full size. I'm guessing these will be just as hard to find as their big brother.

MSRP doesn't look too bad. Wasn't it $799 last year for the full size? I was worried they would hike the price more.

#18 ·
I just hope they (eventually) do a lightweight 1911 frame. After all, they DO know a thing or two about the casting of aluminum alloys. Sorry to see the P345 leave the line-up, it's mighty comfortable in my hand. It was their 1st centerfire autoloading pistol that, to me, didn't feel like a brick with a trigger. Go Ruger!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.