Defensive Carry banner

Florida: Sen. Bill Nelson's Reply to AWB

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  RmScadd 
#1 ·
I sent the following email to Senator Nelson:

Senator Nelson,

It has been brought to my attention that your office issued the following email:

~~~~~~~
Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns. I support the Second Amendment. But when assault rifles are used to kill children, it's time for America to act.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind in the days ahead as the Senate debates gun control issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson

~~~~~~~
I need to understand why you would go against the will of your constituency when your own poll shows overwhelmingly support AGAINST re-instating the 2004 assault weapons ban:

Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: Home

11.59% FAVOR reinstating the ban
88.22% OPPOSE reinstating the ban
76,158 total votes

Sir, you represent the people of the State of Florida. It is your duty - indeed your obligation - to represent our will and desire. You were not sent to Washington to force your views upon us - you were sent their to represent us. By you ignoring the people you represent - particularly when the position of the people is OVERWHELMINGLY opposed to yours - you are demonstrating that you are out of touch with the people you represent.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is the vehicle for ensuring that the people have a capability to fight back against tyranny. You took an oath - as have I - to support, uphold, and defend the Constitution of the United States. When you ignore the Constitution, you are turning your back against that oath.

Unless you change your position and OPPOSE reinstating the ban, I will do everything in my power to ensure you are voted out of office at the next election.

Sincerely,

See less See more
#3 ·
I had hoped Nelson's support of Obumer Care would seal his fate, but he got reelected in November. He's not up for election for another 6 years. He will do whatever his Democratic masters tell him. They'll get what they want out of the Senate. The House needs to hold the line.

#4 ·
Boom! Nailed it! I hope he listens to you, we all need to make sure our representatives are supporting our wishes, not enforcing their own. I applaud you sir for making sure your official is representing the people, not himself.

#6 ·
TC, you write a good letter, job well done!

#7 ·
Well at least you have gotten a response albeit not a great one. I have yet to receive any at all. Nice letter also you wrote.

#9 ·
Didn't you hear him say he would wipe his hindquarters with the constitution on all matters, foreign & domestic...

#12 ·
Good response from you. Too bad he could care less what his constituents want or what the Constitution says. I feel your pain. I am stuck in Corrine Brown's district and with Nelson being one of our senators, Sen. Marco Rubio is my only, outnumbered hope. I no longer waste time trying to communicate with the other two.

#14 ·
Bill Nelson: Career politician. My definition of most career politicians: parasite feeding off the taxpayers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.