Defensive Carry banner

Taurus Polyprotector

916 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Taurahe 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with the taurus polyframed revolvers. I have had good luck with my other Taurus revolvers and thought It would be nice to have something lighter than an all steel snub nose. Also, I am thinking that if I got the 605 model it would fit the same holsters as my 651. So what is your alls take on these guns?

Thanks,
Teach

#2 ·
I think taurs makes a great boat anchor...personal experience and opinion aside.... the poly protector is taurus's version of the ruger LCR, and it weighs more. If the taurus performs I think it would be a good carry gun, assuming you are looking for something lighter than the 605. I had bought a 605 several years ago BNIB. I got three rounds out of it before the cylinder locked up. The cylder did not turn in a perfect circle causing the cartridge heads to catch on the frame. Three trips to Taurus did not fix it, sold it off for 50 bucks as a parts gun to a smith and moved on with life. I will never buy another taurus gun. YMMV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.