Defensive Carry banner

My AR15 is here! *Pics*

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Packman73 
#1 · (Edited)
RRA Entry Tactical.
223/5.56 NATO Chamber---Forged A4 Upper Receiver---Chrome Lined 16" R-4 Wilson Barrel 1:9 Twist---National Match 2 Stage Trigger---Detatchable Tactical Carry Handle--- Hogue Rubber Grip---6 Position Tactical CAR Stock---SureFire rails
I'm a total noob with this rifle. I've been cruising AR15.com for a little while and have learned alot but will probably ask my questions on here.
Here's one; why does it say 'RESTRICTED FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT OR GOVERNMENT USE ONLY'?

See less See more
#5 ·
Ho Ho ...looking good.
I have a standard RR AR 15 and have shot lots and lots of rounds through it. It is very accurate and never a hickup. It works really well with 77gr Sierra match king Black Hills reloads (ala the 1:9 twist).
Keep her really wet with Break-free or Rem oil and I did the break-in drill with the Wilson barrel even though it's chrome lined. I've also got a Colt, but I always go for my Rock River, when I'm traveling.

#7 ·
Here's one; why does it say 'RESTRICTED FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT OR GOVERNMENT USE ONLY'?
This is because it was manufactured sometime before the "Assault Weapons" ban expired. Then, it was illegal for anyone who was not LEO to purchase.

Excellent choice in weaponry you have there. Have fun with it.

#13 ·
Actually, if I recall correctly, RRA still marks their new guns with the same LEO markings...they supply the DEA and FBI with their ARs so they mark a lot of the guns like this. They also have unmarked versions and ones that just say "US Property" if I recall correctly.

#16 ·
Nice.

Mine is a "frankenAR" with a Bushmaster lower and a Colt 7.62 16" as well as a DPMS .223 20".

As for the markings, many have it right, it was made during the infamous ban and therefore could only be sold to LEO's / Military only which means that yours should have the full length pistol grip, the bayonet lug, and I see that it has the colaspable stock. Which, still unknowing and confusing to me, was what made that rifle "evil" enough to ban.

I have about 20 or so magazines marked LEO / Military use only. Just be sure that if you ever have to move that the state you move to doesn't have anything in law which states that LEO / Military only marked firearms / Magazines are illegal.

Wayne

#18 ·
Very Nice...

I pick mine up on Dec 2nd...now you have me 'panting'...:danceban:

Enjoy your new purchase!

ret:urla9ub:

#22 ·
Nice , I am currently trying to con the smith rep out of the S&W flat top that i posted a pic of the other day on that thread . Due to the political climate right now , its a good time to pick up your load~a~lot guns lol .

#24 ·
Hey Packerfan...do you have to seperate the upper and lower to put the AR back into that case from RRA? That would be kind of a drag. Also, if you don't, is there enough room to leave a low profile optic (Aimpoint) mounted to the upper an still close it?

I'm getting an Elite CAR A4 in a couople weeks (on order from Pete@Legal Xfers)an I need to know what to do about a case as I have small boys at home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.