Defensive Carry banner

My Antique PLAIN JANE COLT Pic.

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  MissouriMule 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a pic of one of my antique Colt U.S. ARMY 45 pistolas. The photo is a little blurry but the pistol is nice & crisp.
I still carry & shoot it every once in a while. It has absolutely no frills.
It features the usual tiny, crappy, nearly invisible, Colt military sights with NO modifications or alterations having ever been done to this all original old workhorse slabsides. The original checkered walnut grips are nearly worn smooth.
Even though the barrel is not throated & the ejection port is not opened up it still feeds my normal, modern, "non~ball" ammo perfectly.
It's been "in the family" for a good number of years and it's about due for a new recoil spring.
Folks have told me not to shoot it & just to LOOK at it Sooo... ~~ (of course) I don't pay any attention to them AT ALL and I still DO shoot it!
They can put it in a glass case and just look at it all day long after I'm dead & buried and they are finished dancing on my grave. :biggrin: :dancing2:

See less See more
#2 ·
QKShooter, that's a beautiful old Colt! Thanks for the pic.

#6 ·
Lanyard Loop

Yep, meanwhile I was searching E-bay a few times for an original old military lanyard.
Cripes! Are they expensive these days...or what?
There is no way that I'm paying $50.00 ~ $60.00 for a doggone lanyard. :frown:
This old horsey pistol is really accurate for a military Colt....must have been a good year.
The barrel is still in great shape with only a slight amount of slop in the slide/frame fit. It has a very consistent "lock up" & that is what is important to get decent accuracy in a Colt.

#9 ·
i got a couple of those when I was out on Seattle.workin in a shop named "Warshall's" located on Frist and Madoison. An older gent, about 78 yrs young came in and sold me two colts.. 1911's. One with 3 Keyhole mags.and mag pouches the leather holsters to go with em. he sold em to me for 125.00 each......along with a K38 22 cal 6 inch Smith & Wesson. the Smith went one way.and the two colts went home with me...... I still have em....One has the "pearl " grips...made out of Aircraft metal and windshield. the other has some sort of bamboo type grips on it.but both are about 75% bluing.

#10 ·
Class3nh

They sound great! Unreal Price!
Ahhh...No Thanks...I already have a wife...how 'bout you take MY wife & I'll throw in the Colt?
I sold a pair of those on Ebay about 4 years ago.
WWII Bomber Windshield "PlexiGlass" (whatever) Grips.
They were pretty "crazed" & yellowed and slightly beat up looking but, they did real well for themselves on Ebay.
Our guys used to put "Girly" pictures behind them to make "war time" custom Colt grips! :biggrin:

Thanks Bumper...Me Too! I just love those klunker Colt pistols!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.