Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

We Made It To DefensiveCarry!

3K views 57 replies 47 participants last post by  ccw9mm 
#1 ·
We Made It! I seem to be having trouble with an "x" being where a little image for a link goes, in my Post Listings, and in my toolbar. The links still seem to work.

That's alright though, Just happy to be here. I was having a little anxiety about my favorite hangout being lost. Kinda like when I had a vasectomy, I was worried that everything would work right until I was able to test it out.
:biggrin:

#2 ·
Woo Hoo!!!

We are here and it is running!!! That's all that matters.......

#3 ·
We did make it, although we have a couple of flat tires it appears. The gallery is going to have to be re-installed and some of the image pointers are missing. And, although the header graphoc is initially centered, once you log in, it shifts over again.

I'm heading for bed (been up all night) I'll work on the problems when I am in good enough shape to figure out what's going on. If you notice any other problems, post them here and I will start working through them.

Good night....:tired:

#6 ·
Bumper, you get some rest and we'll thrash it to see what it's got!
ALthough I do get this error when I reply to posts....

Warning: Unknown(./includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: (null)() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/swiftblade/domains/defensivecarry.com/public_html/vbulletin/includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1

#9 ·
This error msg seems to be associated with a condition when the system is "Looking for www.defensive[B][U]t[/U][/B]carry.com" ...

Might be a simple spelling error in one of the scripts.

Bumper, you get some rest and we'll thrash it to see what it's got!
ALthough I do get this error when I reply to posts....

Warning: Unknown(./includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: (null)() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/swiftblade/domains/defensivecarry.com/ public_html/vbulletin/includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1

#7 ·
And when I do a quick reply, I guess it works but I can't see my own reply on the thread.

But when I exit that thread and go to the topic lists it shows my post as the last post.

Just FYI

Bumper, just ignore my messages, it seems that my replys are showing up there is just a significant delay before they do, sorry.

#11 ·
Hoorah! Thanks for the effort Bumper.

#12 ·
Way to go Bumper! And we can wait on the pretty stuff. Do rest!

#13 ·
Wow,

A new home, it looks great. Thanks Bumper for all your work.

:hand10:

#15 ·
Things are looking good! Though to echo some of the "growing pains"...on my monitor, the banner has shifted all the way over to the right, forcing me to scroll to the right to see all the page.

Little red X's appear where some graphics or links appear to be.

Otherwise, great effort guys!!!!!

#22 ·
Great work, Bumper! :hand10:

Just when I think that this awesome site can't getting any better, you up the ante. :smile:

Keep up the GREAT work, but don't tire and wear yourself out - we'll still be here hanging out!! :danceban:

#23 · (Edited)
Quite honestly I am disappointed. The reason I started posting was because the name of the forum was honest and didn't try to be PC. I guess those days are gone.

That said, everything seems to be working well. Hope the new name succeeds it whatever its purpose is.

Edit: Well, it isn't working perfectly. After I hit submit I am getting a fatal error. But, when I hit the back button my post is here. I don't know what that means, but it is what it is.

#24 ·
Quite honestly I am disappointed. The reason I started posting was because the name of the forum was honest and didn't try to be PC. I guess those days are gone.
Well, Echo, all I can tell you is that it wasn't changed for PC purposes. Anyone that knows me, personally, knows that I am about the least PC person you'll ever meet. Even gets me in hot water sometimes, but, not being PC, I don't give a damn anyway. :wink:

Our members all know that when faced with a defensive shoot, it is, really, a combat situation. Our name change doesn't change that at all. The question is, what, as a forum, do we want to convey to those that have never been here before on first glimpse? A quick scan of our name in a search engine return would make one not familiar with us believe that "combat" was used relative to military action or war. And that is not what we are about. We are focused on defensive carry. When someone sees defensivecarry.com in a search engine link, I'm pretty sure most people will immediately know exactly what this forum is about. And, when a gun grabber sees it, rest assured, they will think our name is plenty non-PC.

Honesty related to our forum name being more in line with our focus? Those days aren't gone, they just started.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.