Defensive Carry banner

So I bought a Hi-Standard 380 to match my 22

6K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Pete63 
#1 ·
1947 was a great year. :image035: Sorry, if the pics are too big. Any critiques on my photo-taking is welcome; I'm still learning.

The otoscope/ophthalmoscope angle.

And a couple of the revolvers.

More pictures here... http://ezapper.com/gunsJuly2007/gunsJuly2007.html

See less See more
#2 ·
Ammo, more ammo.

This outing was totally fun. Got to shoot the Warthog again. The Hi-Standard G380 was a total suprise. The Medusas were very accurate with the mix of ammo (as usual) and that is an 80-shot hole from the Citation. The targets are all from my wife.

Nothing brings respect to a relationship like gifting your sweetie with an auto!

#3 ·
Pics - they are good and very nice and sharp - just that last revo one needs ''tweaked'' to lighten it a bit. Also - (not trying to be harsh!) - they are physically bigger than needed and also file size larger than ideal. These would be a problem for dial up folks.

Not sure what software you have but - go grab Irfanview - it's a freebie and does not install deep to registry. It will allow easy resizing and saving to medium jpeg compression.

If the pics were about 640x480 and compressed to about 50% quality you might well finish up with files under 100k in size - much faster download. If you happen to want deeper stuff re image matters peek at my old site I did for THR way back ... might help some aspects.

Way back when I shot .22 bullseye I reckoned the Hi-Standard and Walther GSP were both top of the league for great guns. I shot Hi-Standard belonging to another shooter but had a GSP myself. Didn't realize there was a .380.

These guns now must have significant collectible values.

#4 ·
Hey Wendy;

Thanks for posting the photos of your High Standard pistols, especially that .380. Though I knew they existed I've never seen one before, even in photographs.

Wendys are best! I know. I've been married 28 years to a particularly fine gal named Wendy.

#6 ·
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I appreciate them. :biggrin2:

I have gone back and lightened the last picture; I guess my display is brighter than most because after viewing the pictures on a friend's computer and at work, it does look darker than at home. I'll have to look into the resizing/file size issue later (after work tonight).

The G380 has a 4 digit serial #, if only it had a earlier number (3 digits or less), it would be worth in the thousands. But that's okay, because I was able to get a great deal through an old acquaintance of my hubby's. Thankfully, we know him and was able to get wind that he was selling some of his private collection! Hmm, still deciding on one of his Rock Island Armory guns.

BTW, hi jwphillips2/hubby! :iloveyou: You need to come around here more often.

#13 ·
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I appreciate them. :biggrin2:

I have gone back and lightened the last picture; I guess my display is brighter than most because after viewing the pictures on a friend's computer and at work, it does look darker than at home. I'll have to look into the resizing/file size issue later (after work tonight).

The G380 has a 4 digit serial #, if only it had a earlier number (3 digits or less), it would be worth in the thousands. But that's okay, because I was able to get a great deal through an old acquaintance of my hubby's. Thankfully, we know him and was able to get wind that he was selling some of his private collection! Hmm, still deciding on one of his Rock Island Armory guns.

BTW, hi jwphillips2/hubby! :iloveyou: You need to come around here more often.

#10 ·
This was one of those things you didn't know about 'til you got involved. Before the move to Houston and the addition of all the new stuff they now make, I didn't think Hi-Standard made anything but .22. From the end of 1947 to the beginning of 1950 they made a little over 7,000 of the G-380. Notice the external hammer and the take-down lever that allows the barrel to slide from the receiver. According to Hi-Standard historians this was the model from which they fashioned all the rest of their 22s. It's obviously a good shooter so I don't know why it wasn't more popular.

#11 ·
According to Hi-Standard historians this was the model from which they fashioned all the rest of their 22s. It's obviously a good shooter so I don't know why it wasn't more popular.
Thinking back I am wondering if the higher prices put folks off - I know the GSP I had would not have been possible if bought new - but it was used and affordable as a result.

Many people elected to get Rugers and tune them a bit - still getting very fair results. Then too Buckmarks and Smith 41's etc were also in use.

#18 ·
ou're questioning someone whom posted this "FIFTEEEN YEAR'S AGO" & may not have been active since. I know I haven't seen her since I joined. She may lurk, OR "be gone with the wind". Welcome to the forum, from Texas.
[/QUOTE] sorry to hear that… And thank you for the welcome

#21 ·
IF........ you are offering a gun for sale, it would be AGAINST forum rules to post that, TILL you've been here/made more posts. FYI
Forum Rule: #6.

Member Buy, Sell, Trade Forum
Member's selling individual personal items (non-commercial) are allowed in the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forum once a member has made 10 or more posts. All thread titles should include the state where these items are located. Items listed here must not be listed for sale elsewhere or on the Internet, including auction sites or any other forum

At the very least "I'd delete this post, if that's what you are implying". I'd take a look at the others there to.

DefensiveCarry.com Rules

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.