Defensive Carry banner

Need Holster rec for XD 45

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Freedomofchoice 
#1 ·
Need some reccomendations for a CC holster for a XD 45 4". Most of the time I do jeans and a t shirt but some times I do suit so I need something for both occasions

#18 ·
:hand10: +1 on that. Top A1 quality and decent price. Doesn't hurt that Kevin is a real nice guy to work with.

#12 ·
There's a guy here in Florida that sells possibly the best holsters ever. I have the XD 45 too and it is a bear to find a decent holster but the SmartCarry (smartcarry.com) is very comfortable. I just bought another one today for my new SW 38 revolver. They are very comfortable, particularly if you are a "shorts and tank tops" kind of a guy. I also have an on the hip Desantis holster for my XD but being outside the pants, it prints pretty hard.

#14 ·
yea but see I am a LEO and Off duty I wear jeans and a shirt most of the time but some times I do wear a suit

#15 ·
IWB for an XD45

For an IWB that's comfortable, conceals well (t-shirt or suit jacket) and is usuallly uimmediately available for less than $50, I use a Galco. It has two belt straps with "one-way" snaps, and it stays put on a good gunbelt (1-1/2") Open top with a sweat shield. Well formed for the 4" XD, so it's pretty secure. Stiff enough to allow one hand re-holstering.
For an outside the pants rig, I am pleased with the High Noon Slide Guard for a high and tight carry. It takes a while from order to delivery, but a decent piece for down here in Florida.

#17 ·
I carry my XD 45 in a Max-xon V IWB holster from Gary Brommeland, and it's great! Very comfortable, and excellent quality. There are other fine holsters, and some may equal the Max-con, but in my opinion. none will beat it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.