Defensive Carry banner

MTAC spare body for 5" 1911

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BIGSAM 
#1 ·
I just received the spare body I ordered that will enable me to carry my Mil-Spec using the same holster I have grown to love so much. The change over from my G19 body to the 1911 body was quick and painless. The holster is still as comfortable as it is with my Glock 19, and Comp-Tac has once again shown great service, and fast shipping.

I am kind of worried about rust forming on the left side of the gun, as it comes into contact with leather, and I understand that leather tends to retain moisture. Should I just wipe it down everyday with a silicone cloth?

See less See more
#3 ·
Search Ebay...buy a small container of this wax.
Give your firearm a light occasional coat of it.
It will not make your gun slippery. It's fantastic stuff and your firearm won't show any rust.

#4 ·
The only part of the gun that comes into contact with me is the grip. Thanks QK for showing me the wax, I'll have to look into it.

#7 ·
The price for the entire rig is about 78.00, and that includes shipping. Spare Minotaur holster shells are 38.00 with shipping. They quote you 2-3 weeks processing and delivery, but my MTAC was on my belt in about 7 days. Comp-Tac has awesome customer service, and they keep you up to date about your order.

#8 ·
BIGSAM,

I carry a Para LTC in my MTAC. The only complaint I have with it is that the sweat shield (leather) does not go high enough. I get bit by my hammer if I wear it at 3 o'clock, like the rest of my ccw's. If I shift it to about 4-4:30, biting is not a problem anymore, so I guess I have to get used to the new position.

BTW, I also ordered an MTAC shell for my XD40 Service. It is very comfortable in this rig. With either gun, the holster rides very secure with the standard clips.

#9 ·
BUTTSTOCK,

Thanks for the info. Judging by everyone elses experiences I should receive my MTAC this week. I also ordered another mold for the USP FS. Hopefully it works as well for me as for others. If not I guess I'll start my bum holster drawer.

Sam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.