Defensive Carry banner

A Voice That Resonates

723 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  1911packer 
#1 ·
Hi, All.

I was on vacation on the shore of North Carolina this week. Due to a broken back, I've not been very mobile, but the chance to wallow in the warm sand and soak up a few of the summer's waning rays was too much to resist.

After four days on the beach, the wife got bored and insisted we 'explore', which we all know should be read 'shop'. Instead of heading up the beach one way or the other, we jumped in the car and headed for what we were told was a quaint little port town. It is my experience that local jewelers at places like 'quaint little port towns' see my gal coming a mile away and haul out EVERYTHING unusual in the inventory because they know she just might buy. I use this as an excuse to add to the ol' gun safe, so I don't get too bent about this.

Forgive the digression. I wanted to show you a picture I took of a note hanging in a diner window, the author owns the pool hall attached, I think. Anyway, this is a neat little expression of how a small town feels about the wonderful facets that make up our great country, how general respect for diversity and individual rights are things to be treasured and defended against all would-be tyranny.

:

My chest swelled to learn that this ordinary guy posts regularly on his front windows. He doesn't need 'the internets'. He's doing exactly what he wants to do, and proudly sharing his beliefs. Welcome to Beaufort, North Carolina. A town I'd live in in a heartbeat.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.