Defensive Carry banner

Has anyone heard of this newsletter?

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Rezmedic54 
#1 ·
I received an advertisement for a monthly newsletter called "Weapons & Tactics" in the mail last week and found it interesting enough to order it. Has anyone heard of this particular newsletter and have any feedback? They are out of Las Vegas.

#2 ·
Possibly

Did they offer something about winning a free flashlight, if so I think I got the same stuff too. I remember a similar type flyer from a comany in vegas offering a free flash light. I think I stuffed the flyer in a folder I keep on that stuff, if if matches up and you subscribe let me know how you like it.

#4 ·
RidemCowboy said:
Did they offer something about winning a free flashlight, if so I think I got the same stuff too. I remember a similar type flyer from a comany in vegas offering a free flash light. I think I stuffed the flyer in a folder I keep on that stuff, if if matches up and you subscribe let me know how you like it.
That's them. The heading of the letter said "How to stay safe in a dangerous world" which is what caught my attention. They were giving away a Surefire Z2 (yeah like I will win anything). Although I am a sucker for magazines, I am not normally that attracted to newsletters. Their material did interest me enough, though that I ordered it. When I get it I will post my impression of it.

And I haven't found a website for them but I found this bit of information regarding the newsletter and the company that publishes it:

Title: Weapons and Tactics for Personal Defense
Editor: James Bartel
Publisher: Personal Defense Group, Inc.
Read and Reviewed by: C. Allen Reed (Feb04)

Weapons and Tactics is a monthly newsletter with short articles for the concerned citizen and martial artist. The articles focus mostly on how to plan for and deal with violent crime, rather than how to use martial arts techniques.

This is a very good newsletter in that it teaches many of the philosophical and tactical concepts that most martial arts magazines do not. I would recommend any civilian concerned with dealing with violent crime subscribe to Weapon and Tactics and share it friends and family.

#9 ·
TwoRavens said:
I subscribed for about six months a few years ago. I was dissapointed... mostly stuff to get you to buy more stuff... it may have improved though.
+1.....Not a magazine...It's a news letter with lots of ads. Very disappointing for me. If you are absolutely new to the defense role and looking for a place to get started, it may have information you can use. As recall it was expensive as well.

Suarez' news letter is 10 times more informative. I don't recall paying anything for Suarez' letter.

#10 ·
Weapons & tactics News Letter

Yes I have heard of the publication and until today I was ready to share it with just about anyone that wanted the straight skinny on what ever subject the publication was discussing. Then came Volume 10 Number 2 Feb. 2006, which had a article about “Watch out for needles when pumping gas.” Well for some reason I decided to check this out for myself and found that this is apparently a hoax that has been around the internet since 2000. I found out that on June 20th, 2000 the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Department issued a press release declaring it a hoax and stating that the author, Capt. Abraham Sands was not at the Department.

I have written the publisher and directed that my name be taken off their mailing list immediately and that no further publications were desired, even if I had remaining months on my subscription.

I am both a Texas Certified CHL Instructor & NRA Instructor so I can’t afford to be relying on sharing publications that print this type of garbage with my current & former students.

Sorry for the rant but thought you’d appreciate the info.
Chuck

#12 ·
I've never heard of it, but let me know what you think of it once you get it Bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.