Defensive Carry banner

Sig Pro SP2022?

17K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  mag44laf 
#1 ·
Thinking about getting a Sig and was looking at the Sig pro SP2022. Does anyone have any experience with the Sig pro series. And if so I would like some input on them. Are they just as reliable as other Sig models?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there,

I'm a new member but I own a Sigpro 2340 which is for all intents and purposes the same as the Sigpro 2022 except that the 2022 has some updates (like a standardized rail).

I LOVE my 2340. Its the only gun that I carry and its been extremely accurate and reliable. I love the trigger. I don't have any other gun that has such a smooth feeling trigger as my Sigpro.

For more info, you could go here:
http://lundestudio.com/SigProFAQ/

Thats the faq on the sig pro. A very under appreciated gun that is usually a bargain because most Sig fans only want metal framed sigs. But for a much cheaper price, you can get the same trigger as a "real" sig.

Mine is a 40cal and because of that, I could put a 9mm barrel on it if I wanted to.

#3 ·
If it feels good, get it. Sig 220's in general are one of the best guns that Sig has to offer in my opinion.

#4 ·
Ok, first off, I do not own a polymer Sig, nor have I ever shot one, but I briefly considered it as my first firearm purchase. I did a little research and found too many posts on forums saying that the polymer Sigs just weren't up to par with the rest of their guns, and that they weren't as reliable. I'm not going to take the risk, but you should see what other people say, and look around for other resources too.

#8 ·
Most Sig fanatics only think that the P-series(metal ones) are the only Sigs and therefore bad mouth the Pro-series. I have never read about any problems with the Pros. Hell, Bruce Grey, famous Sig Armourer and LEO, carries a SigPro. If that is not enough of an endorsement, then I do not know what is.

I have a Pro series and have done exstensive comparing to the 226 & 229 and the Pro has a better feel, trigger, and accuracy the the others, IMO and my 2 buddies opinions that own the 226 & 229. The biggest problems that I have found is that there are not alot of holsters for it.

#5 ·
I own a 2022 and it is as reliable as any other SIG.
It has a better trigger than most DA/SA pistols.
The SIG_PRO I have is very accurate.
It is my everyday carry weapon.
For more details on the 2022 see SIG Forums.
I did not learn this from the internet, but by real experience.

Later,
Doug

#6 ·
Our local PD carries the sigpro. I like the feel of them. A friend of mine is a state trooper and carries one off duty, they issue the Smith 4566. The people I have talked to like theirs. I think it just came out during the height of the Glock revolution and got overlooked. It is a Sig....I do not think there will be a real issue with quality, just whether it fits your personal taste.

#7 ·
I'm a Sig fan, and we had done extensive testing (3 years worth) and found that the P series was the better gun.
The Pros are good guns, but the P series is a little more refined and better built. I dont think it would be a mistake for you to buy a Pro, but it is not the cream of the crop just beacuse it carries the Sig name.

#11 ·
Fat guy pocket. :)

About a month ago, I was at my local indoor range/gun store. I wanted to look at a little k-tel for carry purposes. They have a policy of not allowing guns to be handled anywhere besides behind the counter pointing down a hallway. So I asked to look at this little gun and went behind the counter. I then asked him if I could put the gun in my pocket and he said yes. So I asked him to take my gun from me since mine was in my pocket and so I gave him my Sigpro. He looked at me like I was nuts. He was like "How the hell do you carry that thing?"

"Fat guy pockets."

#15 ·
I've carried a Sig Pro 2022 in a Crossbreed holster every day for a year and a half. I love everything about it. I have no reason to change to even think about changing to anything. I've fired well over a thousand rounds out of mine with out a single FTF or FTE. It's also lighter then the all steel Sigs. The grip is kind of fat but in the Crossbreed holster that is not a big deal. The trigger is great both in DA and SA. The only thing I would think about switching to would be the Sig 250 in .40 S&W when it comes out but only if I could get it with a DA/SA trigger instead of the DA only trigger.

#16 ·
I also have a Sigpro 2340 and love it. Nice trigger, never had a malfunction, 13 rds. of .40 cal, accurite, and a pleasure to shoot. Its a good package IMHO. I also carry in my pocket sometimes.:image035: I am not fat, just a big guy 6'2 245. The 2340 fits in my gym pants pockets perfectly.

#17 ·
I have only owned P series Sigs, but from what I understand the Pros can be great values. Granted they aren't as "refined" as our "real Sig" pistols are but don't let the snobs get you down. One of the municipal departments back where I used to live has SigPro pistols and the guys love them. As one of the guys said " I get a bang every time I pull the trigger and it makes such pretty targets. Whats not to like?"
If you shop around and buy a used one you can get one heck of a pistol or even get yourself two nice pistols for the price of one new P series.

#19 ·
Two comments,

a) As I said, I only knew what I had read, and what I found didn't leave a good feeling. It's good to hear about owners who have been happy with theirs, and if i run across one at a gun show or a store, I'll give it a second glance next time.

b) Jason Bourne uses one in the first of the trilogy, so it must be good, right?

#20 ·
SigPro 2022

I bought one about a year ago, because I got it for a good price! I bought it long distance, sight unseen, but my research on Sig convinced me that it wouldn't have the Sig name if it didn't measure up.

Mine is a 9mm, which I bought because of the inexpensive ammo. It's just about perfect, I carry it in a pancake OWB holster with a good belt. It is one of the few pistols I shoot with either hand.

Never any issues, except gee I hit where I aimed again! Very accurate!

Mag44Laf

#21 ·
Warning!

Sig can be habit forming, they have many really interesting high quality pistols. They have a variety of trigger systems, match grade and carry pistols. A lot of people consider them to be expensive, but I think quality is worth the price. Sometimes you can get a good deals on certified pre owned (CPO) on gunbroker.com as well as other sources.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.