Defensive Carry banner

Thinking about getting a p7 to carry

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ripley16 
#1 ·
Can you guys tell me the differences between them, p7, p7m8, m10, psp and so on and what does it mean when they say grade A. how do they shoot and so on....any info would be great thanks..pics are always good too:yup:

#2 ·
The P7 PSP is the original P7, it has the Euro mag release, the P7M8 has as mag catch on the frame, the M10 is a double stack .40, the M13 is a double stack 9mm.

The PSP and M8 are single stack 9mm.

I have a B-Grade PSP, I love it, plan on carrying it after I get it refinished as I'll totally ruin bluing. It shoots creepy accurate.:yup:

I just opened a thread on holster advice, you can see a couple of pictures, mostly M8s.

The M10 and M13 run a ton of money, more than what you paid for your Ed Brown, and the mags for them (if you can find them) run about $100 for the M10 and M13. PSP and M8 mags run about $30-$50.

To answer the question, the A, B, and C grade relates to condition of German Police trade-in P7 PSPs. A is best, B is good, (sometimes just as good as an "A", and I haven't seen any C's.

Using our wonderful search tool, I found the following...

HK P7 operation video, long and comprehensive

Rigs for HK P7? Pics please.

HK P7 PSP owners here:where can I get night sights for this gun?

Anyone CC a HK P7??

p7 - review and video

I just picked up my tactical stapeler ( H$K p7 )

P7M8 - couldn't pass it up!!

HKP7, Anyone have them?

#5 ·
What can I say, I'm on the ball today. :biggrin2:

I'd really like to find an M8, to go along with my PSP, if I could stop eyeballing 1911s for a few months, and just shope for an M8, I'm sure I could find one, but they're going for around $1300 new, and I could get one heck of a Sig or Commander variant for that $$$.

One thing I left out is that they get really HOT when shooting, and the M8, M10, and M13, have a beefed up trigger guard area to help NOT burn your trigger finger.

#4 ·
P7

JD about covered it all. I have a P7M8 with a purple-ish finish and a machined spot on the slide. Not sure what grade it is. It shoots great and is easy to carry. Super accurate. I got a deal on 10 magazines, buy extras when you can. I'm sure there are lighter pistols with better firepower for the size, and easier to find holsters for too. I like mine because it's not something you see everyday. Mine's going to Ford's for refinishing after the tax money gets here. Never liked the M10 or M13s, though. Too big and bulky in the grip and the mags are twice as much at least if you can even find any.

#6 ·
As usual JD is on the ball. Just to re-iterate the P7M8 is scary accurate. The trigger is by far one of the best that has ever been placed on a production pistol. You will have to get used to a different manual of arms in order to fire the P7 (ie the squeeze cocker). As well, the P7's in all the different variants do tend to heat up rather quickly (with or without the heat shield). But in the end I think the P7 is probably one of the best pistols for CCW.

#7 · (Edited)
Things to know about the P7:

Holsters for the PSP and M8 are not interchangable.
The only holster available for a PSP is a custom made, off the rack is available for M8.
Nobody makes night sights for the PSP, these need a custom install (PT night Sights for one) M8 NS may be available.
Magazines are not interchangable, either PSP or M8.
The Saxony police trade-ins are a great deal at $600 (CDNN). A used M8 will run around $1000.
There are two kinds of grip panels for the two mag release style of the PSP.
The grip panels lock in place by the rear edge and under the slide. Don't force them up.

These are great guns for CC but a competent belt and good holster are essential. Personally I think night sights are superfluous, as the pistol points better than my finger. Good luck, happy shooting.

#8 ·
Here are a couple of mine....

A P7 PSP

A new P7 M8 that I just got today...

These are the most accurate guns I have fired and the reason I have 3 of them now. Fixed barrel and points like your finger....very realible...will eat any ammo I ask of it.

#9 ·
A P7 PSP

A new P7 M8 that I just got today...

These are the most accurate guns I have fired and the reason I have 3 of them now. Fixed barrel and points like your finger....very realible...will eat any ammo I ask of it.
if you had to get just one, witch one would it be.

#10 ·
If I could only get one? It would be the M8 nib because you get the HK lifetime warranty on the gun. As far as carrying or shooting, it six of one and half dozen of the other, not much difference that I can tell. The both are super firearms. The German's know how to make fast cars....

and fine firearms.

I know you appreciate quality because I see we share taste in 1911s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.