Defensive Carry banner

Kahr P380 or Seecamp 380

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ccoorreeyy 
#1 ·
I was going to get a seecamp but then found out that Kahr has a new model in the lineup. I have a PM9 and love the gun and the P380 seems quite a bit smaller so I am not sure whihc to go with now. Which would you go with and why?

The Seecamp still has the edge in size, but the Karh will probably have less recoild and easier to shoot.

#4 ·
Get both! :danceban:

Seriously, they both look nice but I have my cash plonked down on the Seecamp. Yeah, it's more expensive but I wanted the smallest, best made .380 I could get for maximum concealment (ok, plus the cool factor). I bought a Del Fatti black alligator PH-3 to go with it. Overkill yes, but it's what I want. It will definitely hold it's value if I decide to go another route later so I'm not worried about losing my investment. I'm still waiting on the Seecamp so if you need it fast, take that into account while making your decision unless you can find one in stock that's not ridiculously priced.

The Kahr isn't going to be cheap either @ $649 retail. Maybe prices will come down some after it is released. I have a PM9 also so I realize the Kahrs are quality. You're right the Kahr probably won't have as much recoil as the Seecamp since it will be a little larger/heavier. The Kahr has sights also if that is an issue. Sights weren't an issue for me for the intended purpose of this gun. The Kahr does look like a dang nice gun but with already having the PM9, I'd rather make the jump to something more substantially smaller like the Seecamp.

If price and needing it fast are issues, why not get the Ruger LCP? After the initial demand settles down some, you should be able to find one around $300 OTD. If later on you can get the Kahr in the low to mid $500 range, I'd definitely lean towards the smaller Kahr. Heck if I find a deal on the Kahr, I may get one also.

Buying guns sure is addictive. :scruntiny:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.