Defensive Carry banner

'Guns at work' bill heads for final vote

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Eagleks 
#1 ·
:hand10:BATON ROUGE Rebuffing the arguments of some of the state's largest employers, a House committee Wednesday approved legislation that allows workers to keep their guns in their cars while at work.

Representatives of the Louisiana Chemical Association and the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry argued that companies should be able to restrict what is kept in vehicles that are parked on their property and that most companies specifically don't want guns brought to their places of business. Many have the gun ban in their written policies by which employees agree to abide.

But Sen. Joe McPherson, D-Woodworth, author of Senate Bill 51, said the companies are unfairly depriving employees of the right to defend themselves and the ability to go hunting on their way to or from work. He said his bill is an "NRA model legislation" that also is being considered in other states.

The full story can be read here 'Guns at work' bill heads for final vote | thenewsstar.com | The News Star

Anyone from Louisiana needs to contact their representative and urge passage of this bill. We owe Joe McPherson a big tip of the hat for putting this one forth. You can contact your representative via email from the Louisiana Legislature web site

Please guys lets give this our support

See less See more
#3 ·
MN has had that policy since 2003/2005. I can leave my weapon secured in my car just about anywhere I might work, and my employer can't do a darned thing about it.

#4 ·
:35:

Good luck!

#7 ·
Good luck on getting it passed and into effect. Oklahoma passed a similar bill in 2004, just to have it ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge.

#9 ·
that sucks......
I hope we get the one they've been trying to get going in Kansas. The Queen Governor is against it... because BIG business is... and she kisses up to them big time (to hell with what the people think, they don't know what's good for them... that's why we need her).

And she is on the Obama VP list..... good luck all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.