Defensive Carry banner

I need a good belt

3K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Errick 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Dunno. I went with one of Kevin's from K&D Holsters. About $70 IIRC and worth every penny. You might also try Beltman or Rafter S.

#4 ·
Gun Belts by The Belt Man

I have one of his dual bullhide belts, and it is a fantastic belt. I found I liked it so much, I started wearing it as my all-purpose belt, even when I wasn't wearing my gun. I fully expect it to last for decades, though I might purchase another one to have some color variety.

#5 ·
Here is a general photo of the belt and two holsters on the day they arrived from Kevin:

I will try and take a better photo and get that posted shortly. It is double-layered 1 1/2" wide 1/4" thick with plastic stiffeners. I could not believe what a difference a good gun belt made when trying to hold up the weight of the pistol and holster.

#6 ·
Just my opinion, but the RafterS cowhide gun belt is better quality than the Galco, and at half the price.

Belts

#8 ·
Yes, I agree. It seems a bit steep but I hear about some of the extensive delays that other forum members encounter in custom-made leather and it makes me ill.

There's a guy on Ebay right now selling a Milt Sparks VMII for Glock 30 and starting bid is $200.00! Nobody has bid yet but I can understand how someone might want to pay a lot more just to avoid the wait.

jp

#9 ·
My custom stuff from UBG should be done soon, about a 2 month wait. Depending on how badly you need the item, the waits can be little more than a minor hassle.

#10 ·
I'm happy with my Beltman belt - I've seen the Galcos in stores and they aren't anything special - and for an extra ~$40 they should be. You probably won't be waiting long if at all for a Beltman belt either. I've read good things as well about the Rafter S belts, and most holster makers also make good belts, but my personal experience is with Beltman. I think my double layer bullhide belt in 1 3/4" thickness was around $70.

Austin

#11 ·
I've read good things as well about the Rafter S belts, and most holster makers also make good belts, but my personal experience is with Beltman. I think my double layer bullhide belt in 1 3/4" thickness was around $70.

Austin
I've been checking out the Beltman and Rafter S products. After looking a while and thinking about it, I've decided that I want to get IWB, OWB holsters, mag pouch and belt to match. Beltman and Rafter S don't have the holsters and mag pouches to match that I want. I want the colors to all match so I guess I'll go with a set from Milt Sparks. They've got everything I want - just got to wait seven months or so. Might be lucky and get everything around Christmas time though..., I hope...

jp

#18 ·
I use the Galco SB5 Sport daily and it does great for holding up a 1911 all day. It seems to have contoured and fit to my body quite nicely as well.

Although I'm not sure how they came up with the Sport description. You could kill someone if you beat them over the head with it. At 1 3/4" wide and 1/4" thick it's like swinging a baseball bat. Just make sure it will fit your everyday-wear belt loops.:rolleyes:

#19 ·
Beltman (Nuff said :image035:) or Wilderness Instructor. The Wilderness was $47 shipped to my door and came in a week. Very very good belt.

#20 ·
CQC Pistol Belts

I asked about this belt on another thread looks like it could be a great deal maybe to good, I do not know anything about the company. Is anyone familiar with BlackHawk generally and with their CQC Pistol Belts specifically? They have them on sale for $25.00. If they are really lizard skin and good quality gun belts thats a major steal. As a rule if things sound to good to be true it is a scam but thought I would check if anyone has any experience with the company or the product in case it is a good deal.

Edit to add:: MeatPuppet beat me to it. Question does remain does anyone know anything about Blackhawk, good or bad?

#21 ·
Loopers leather makes some of the best belts I have ever worn. There Kydex line is great fro packing, but I have used their reg belts for carry and they hold up great. Tell them Kevin from Mt Airy sent you. The owner is a great guy and it is a family business that has been around a long time.

NCH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.