Defensive Carry banner

How many people know you carry a concealed firearm?

• Nobody, other than offical agents of the issuing authority.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • One person.

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Two people.

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • Three people.

Votes: 43 14.7%
  • Four people.

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • Five or more people.

Votes: 167 57.2%

How many people know you carry?

5K views 67 replies 68 participants last post by  mmargotta 
#1 ·
My wife is the only person that knows I carry a firearm. I see no reason to share the information with anybody else. As I use a Smart Carry holster, the chances of anybody else knowing I carry is extremely unlikely.

How many people know you carry, either via your sharing this information or them by discovering it on their own?

#2 ·
All my family and my close friends and people I know at the gun range,I don't wear a big sign and I conceal it well but I do try to get people interested in concealed carry

#3 ·
I listed three. Knowing my my o'l lady likely more, but don't know for sure. You know how women love to talk, and as much as I may like to, I can't count that out. I'm also guessing maybe one 'wet behind the ears' sheriff's deputy knows as well. I carry 24/7 with one compromise. At work.

#8 ·
3 know THAT I CARRY AT TIMES....spouse, best friend and youngest brother.

Only spouse ever knows that I am carrying at any given time and then she sometimes does not know.

I carried almost 100% in the big city which has the highest (or close to it) violent crime rate in the PNW ... retired to a small town with little crime and carry about 25%. :spankme:

#10 ·
My wife, daughter, mother.

The Sheriff's department.

Many people who work in the county courthouse who see me filling up the lockbox in the lobby on my way into the secured portion of the courthouse.

My local holstermaker.

About 20,000 people on this forum.

#11 ·
Wife, four kids, parents, my brother and about 10-12 other people that all carry themselves, am glad I do or simply don't care. I don't broadcast it but I also don't hide it from those I know and trust. Above all else, though, I don't get friendly with those that are not "gun friendly" or would spread it around for no reason. If somebody does find out that I do that has an objection, they can "pee up a rope" as far as I am concerned....

#13 ·
My wife and I...4-5 others at work (not at work, but from work...it's a school)...no other relatives...they (the relatives) all think I'm a 'gun nut'...and they are all 1200 miles away.:wave:

Stay armed...:ziplip: the relatives...stay safe!

#17 ·
How many people know you carry a concealed firearm?

Probably 8-9 people know I have the permit and means to carry legally, but no one (including wife) knows at any given time. She's kinda anti, so I don't make a point to tell her, and she doesn't make a point to sweat it.

#18 ·
Church elders - VA is kind of an odd state for church carry: if you have a "good reason" it is OK. They told me to carry...
Church members - my commitment is to help train up the next generation, so I've befriended a number of young bucks (good kids) in hopes that they'll follow my example;
Wife & daughter - through my encouragement, my wife now carries and my daughter will be visiting the sheriff today to ask about it (may issue under 21 - she's had the class and shoots pretty well);
A couple of pals at work who are carry - they're like the gang here;
My boss - I'm trying to get her to start carrying;
Some observant passersby in restaurants - in VA, if they serve alcohol at a restaurant you must open carry if you want to be armed, so we do the "Virginia Tuck": pull up the cover garment and tuck it between you and the pistol. Never had a comment or a second glance (black grips on navy shirt disappears), but some may have seen me cover back up as I left;
A few others - early in my carrying days I was a bit more free with my information than I should have been;
One of our forum members who lives nearby - and let me come play once;
A couple of cops, the county clerk and staff - and in our county (one traffic light) they might remember me.

#23 ·
In my personal group of friends and family, not many, but I have met many members from this Forum and others, and obviously, all of them know.

I would guess that many others suspect I carry because of how vocal I am about 2A issues, especially with the upcoming election.

#24 ·
Five or more.. and I mean WAY MORE!

My whole family knows including my in-laws. In fact, we sent a few holsters to my father-in-law when he got his permit and JD often talks to him about our latest carry guns and/or rigs. Last time my brother-in-law was on the phone all JD and he talked about was carry guns and what I carry and he carries and JD carries.

Also, I have worked in gun shops for a little over a year and a half. I advise people what kind of gun to get, what holsters are best, ammo selections and everything else having to do with firearms for hunting, home and self defense, and fun at the range. I gain credibility by explaining why, what, how and my experiences related to the fields of firearms I give advice in so it's quite natural that anyone talking to me about a carry gun learns that I carry a gun myself.

My colleagues usually help this process along by also pointing out that I carry. A man will complain about the weight or concealability or recoil of a particular gun and a colleague will point to me and say, "See that little girl? She carries a .45."

I'm often used as an example that people can carry, handle, conceal and operate any gun they choose to, it just takes dedication to do so.

So, yeah, A LOT of people know I carry.

It doesn't bother me one bit because should we ever meet out in public I know they are probably carrying too.

If ever I see a customer out in town our conversations usually start with, "Hey, how are you liking that Springfield?" or "How did that holster work out for you?"

I even ran into one customer in the grocery store who started his greeting with, "Are you carrying your 1911 today because I really want to carry mine and I just can't find a good holster. I know you carry one and I don't see any sign of it. Can you recommend a good holster?"

Such is the life of a gal working in a gun shop.

#25 ·
Not counting the members of this forum and a few others, three:
my wife (she carries as well), my co-pilot, and a friend whom I helped get his CCW.
However, I am not paranoid about it, here, in Florida, printing is not a big deal, so probably more ... maybe not, people are usually totally white (condition white I mean).

#26 ·
I'm kind of outspoken for our rights too, so there are many that suspect, I can think of about 9 that know for sure, and know I carry everywhere it is legal to do so.

Many others have found out when I decline to patronize a place that requires me to disarm. I try and plan these things out, but you never can be sure where someone else is going to want to go. Funny how some will just shrug it off and others will make a big deal about it. It has opened the door to some discussions too.

I guess if it were up to me, only my immediate family would know. Since it's up to the government I have no way of knowing for sure.

Holdcard

#27 ·
More know than I would like... I don't tell people that I do not have to tell.... but a lot of people know my assoc. with law enforcement and assume. I don't tell them one way or another.

I have told maybe 4 friends, and a few family members.

Like Bumper, I don't get too friendly with those who are not "gun-friendly" people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.