Defensive Carry banner

My new S&W 4053

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mmargotta 
#1 ·
Just picked up one of the 4053 LEO trade-ins from J&G in Prescott, AZ. I must say....WOW! That is one SWEET handling sidearm. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet but I am in love already.

My dad has an XD sub and my brother has an M&P compact but they just don't feel like this "old school" Smith.

I know...worthless without pics...just haven't had the chance today.

#6 ·
First time out...

I fell in love the moment I picked it up but now the relationship has been consumated at the range. It shoots Hornady 155 gr. XTP/HP's into one solid cluster at 10 yards and that trigger is almost silky. As soon my two extra mags get here this will be a constant companion. Best $300 I have ever spent.

Wish I would have discovered these DAO S&W's a long time ago...now I need a .45...

#7 ·
Great find. I want one to match my 6946. Great guns the 3rd Gen smiths and are very reliable (mine has never failed in over 5K rounds). Was my first carry gun.

I still fire her up every month or two.

#9 ·
Is it a bigger or fuller grip than the factory one? I don't necessarily like the feel of hard plastic but I DO like the size and contour. I changed out the grips for Uncle Mike's on my 4006 and while they are a good feeling grip they made it a bit larger than I wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.