Defensive Carry banner

Question about difference in Hornady 9mm rounds?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MitchellCT 
#1 · (Edited)
ANyone know what the difference is in the Hornady TAP FPD and the HP XTP? Ive been using the TAP with the black nickel casing finish. Ive seen some users giving comparing other loads with the XTP's, and other talk about the TAPS. Anyways, its probably something very apparant and stupid, but I couldnt tell the immediate difference other than the nickel finish. By the way, Ive been using the 127 gr TAPS for my XD9sc. This should be a excellent SD round, wouldnt you think?

#2 ·
ANyone know what the difference is in the Hornady TAP XPD and the HP XTP? Ive been using the TAP with the black nickel casing finish. Ive seen some users giving comparing other loads with the XTP's, and other talk about the TAPS. Anyways, its probably something very apparant and stupid, but I couldnt tell the immediate difference other than the nickel finish. By the way, Ive been using the 127 gr TAPS for my XD9sc. This should be a excellent SD round, wouldnt you think?

I think you mean FPD, not XPD; and to answer your question, the XTP bullet is the same one they use in all lines and the same one used by Black Hills which sells ammo in 50 round boxes, not 25 round boxed like Hornady does.

#4 ·
No problem.

By the way, they don't make a 127 grain TAP round.

The only people making a 127 grain round is Winchester, and that's only one load.

You have either 124 grain TAP, 147 Grain TAP, or 127 grain Winchester Ranger +P+.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.