Defensive Carry banner

Okay I lied... Don't do this to me Springfield..

4K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  maclean3 
#1 ·
Springfield Armory if you do this I will at once be joyful and yet pissed off.

There's an internet rumor that SA is coming out with an XD45 - a real .45 ACP, not GAP.

On the one hand I tottally doubt it. I don't think SA would go through all the trouble of tottally redoing the XD frame just to accomadate the .45 ACP. I realize that any decent engineer could easily accomadate the rest, and they could probably use the .40S&W slide if they enlarged the ejection port, but would they bother to go through all this trouble? Honestly, there's a reason you don't have as many choices in .45 ACP. 9x19 is cheap, and you can fit 40 S&W and .357 SIG on the same frame so your engineering cost is nil.

On the other hand though, I know if they wanted to, they could do it. Their competition offers double stack Wonder 45s. The problem is I think the G21 already has that whole market saturated, and from what I understand the G21 is mostly sold to hardcore competition shooters and LEOs. The LEO market is huge and they're not going to get away from their Glocks at Glock's ridiculously low LE prices. Springfield may have meant the XD as a service pistol, but I know of no LE agency that carries it.

If it shows up at the SHOT show I'll be simultaneously pleased :yup: and ticked off :mad: at the same time.

See less See more
#3 ·
Can't really see them going to that trouble - my 220 will do me anyways for that cal, plus one or two other platforms (won't say 1911 - Bruce gets all excited!).

#10 ·
I carried my Glock M21 for years. Thank goodness the M30 accepted the M21 mags. Those 5 were a great pre-ban investment. When the M30 came along I traded my M21 and got that. Carried that for years. Now I'm after an H&K USP 45.

I can't see the XD in a 45ACP. Wouldn't have one even if they did. Something about "Made in Bosnia" that rankles my soul. But that's just me.

#11 ·
Like one poster on THR said....call me when it comes out in 10mm. I'd certainly be in line for that one!

To be fair to the fine .45 ACP cartridge, I'd love to see Steyr come out with a M45A1 or Beretta finally offer their Px4 in .45 ACP.

#12 ·
Well technically they're stamped made in Croatia. That whole part of the world is a giant powder keg alphabet soup republic affair anyway, so who knows what the country will be called 15 years from now.

I'm hoping this provides an ergonomically friendly, trustworthy, and priced right option. I've wanted a gun like this in this caliber for a while, and the Glock and the Taurus just aren't for me, and the HK and others I am simply not willing to pay for when there's weapons that I like better for less money.

Seeing as how the Glocks themselves are Austrian, I figure it's about the same. At least in the XD's case it's an American company that's pocketing the profits.:redface:

#13 ·
XD Rumor is now fact! Make way 4 Da .45ACP

Read it and weep XD fan's! the new XD .45's are a reality! Yes a .45 ACP that is. :image035:

Check it out,

http://www.czshooters.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=810

Never knew you could be happy and pissed at the same time did ya?

Ti.

I just might think about going plastic now! I don't think so, but it was a nice thought.

#16 ·
Euc, you sure make things tough on a guy. I've pretty much decided my next purchase will be a 5" Milspec but the idea of 14+1 ACP in an economical Glock (so to speak) is really something I'm going to have to think about for the buy after that. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to save my pennies but still! There may be some Tupperware in my future yet.
Jack

#23 ·
Thumbs Down on ParaOrdnance

Al Lowe said:
If I want 14+1 rounds of .45 ACP, I'll get a Para-Ord P14.45. But that's just my humble opinion. ;)
I have had some bad experiences with the ParaOrdnance and I don't wanna have to fight to field strip my carry piece. I also wanted a DAO with a good trigger, but firmer than the PO LDA. That equates to the H&K USP with the LEM trigger. As you said: Each to his own, right?

#24 ·
George Hill said:
Where does the line start? I'm in.
The line starts right behind me, George :image035:

I liked my XD-40 really well except that it was the wrong caliber. It certainly won't replace a 1911, but on those rare occasions we get rain or a dust storm, I would certainly not hesitate carrying it. Sort of a knockabout gun.... :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.