Defensive Carry banner

Citizens Bank Park

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  MP45Man 
#1 ·
Does any of my PA brothers or sisters know if you can conceal in the ballpark? I know you can't OC in Philly because it is a first class city. I can't find anything on the park's website that prohibits CC.

#5 ·
Who told you that you cannot open carry in Philly? The law is that you need a LTCF to open carry in Philly.

You might want to look here for more on PA firearms law: Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights

and here: Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Ken

Cowboy, you are correct. I didn't read the law carefully enough.

OK, the good news is the Phillies clinched the division tonight and I was there to celebrate with them. The other news is I left my carry piece in the glove box. But, as an experiment I strapped my small binocular case on my strong side and figured they would see the bulge and pat me down. I held a bag with my large binoculars out for inspection and they just waived me right on through. If I get tickets for the playoffs, I'll try carrying.

#3 ·
I don't know for sure but most outdoor sporting events I go to involve a pat down so having a weapon might be a problem.
Strangely enough, the last one I went to(in DC, a Nationals game), no pat downs.
But of course we know no one carries in DC,right?:rofl:

#4 ·
I CC to Citizens bank park all the time without issues. Usually a S&W 642 in a pocket holster. Seats are too tight for a belt holster for my 1911's (don;t want to go to jump up & have the 1911 catch on the arm of the seat:gah:)

They sometimes do random patdowns - but as you approach the gates - just pick the line where they're not doing the patdowns.

They do check bags.

#7 · (Edited)
. . . They sometimes do random patdowns - but as you approach the gates - just pick the line where they're not doing the patdowns.

They do check bags.
Yep, this has been my experience. Did it a few times this year with no problem. (Made me crazy searching the website though, I figured it had to say something, but it doesn't.) Wish I'd been there Saturday.

Go Phils !!!

p.s., how 'bout them Mets ?? :hand5:

#8 · (Edited)
I try to respect the wishes of private owners regarding carrying on their property. However, I could not find anything on the website and their list of restrictions posted at the entrances doesn't say anything about firearms. If it is not posted or listed anywhere, what should a responsible CCL holder do?

#9 ·
OK, I've been down two times in the last week to see my beloved Phillies beat the Giants, and, today, the Pirates. On the way in to the park they now have signs prohibiting firearms. On their website they state they prohibit them, but the do say you can check your gun at the stadium police station. I left my gun in my car both times. Does anyone have any experience checking their weapon with the police in this situation?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.