Defensive Carry banner

Currently alternate between a Colt Commander and Sig 229

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  srfl 
#1 ·
but I'm really happy with a fullsize HKUSP9 that I keep in a Tactical bag. I'm thinking of going USPCompact in 357 Sig.

#3 ·
I think it all comes down to what you are comfortable with and what is reliable. They are all good choices, I am a 1911 guy so your Clot commander would get the nod from me assuming it was reliable.

Carry what makes you happy!

USG.

#4 ·
Good choices.

I have to say over time I have tried to settle - to just the one - SIG 226 ST. That said I can put the 220 or 228 in same rig if I so wish.

Most know I like large and heavy - full size or close to it - better control and because my concealment is a minimal issue - this works.

Plus - the familiarity with one platform is IMO important if it can be done - even a swap of SIG's leaves me with a common manual of arms - ''beware the man with but one gun'' - and all that!!! :wink:

#5 ·
Yes I have all the Sigs and love my 226 in 40. I agree with the controls, but the HK in DAO is soooo easy to shoot. That said I seem to always gravitate back to a 1911. Generation I guess. I served in Berlin in 61 and then put 24 more years in, most with the 1911.

#7 ·
threefeathers said:
Yes I have all the Sigs and love my 226 in 40. I agree with the controls, but the HK in DAO is soooo easy to shoot. That said I seem to always gravitate back to a 1911. Generation I guess. I served in Berlin in 61 and then put 24 more years in, most with the 1911.
After (to many) years in the military with the 1911, I was surprised. The transition to the 226 came real easy. I think I want to try a 229 next.

#11 ·
If you think there was tension in Stuttgart you should have been in Berlin. There are several pics of me at Checkpoint Charlie in 61 on the net. I'll try to find the website and post them. I got out and went to college, graduated with a degree in Asian Studies in 66 and volunteered for VN. How many years did you put in?

#12 ·
3f - hey - I didn't say but - was vacationing!!! Some beaut county down South there.

I didn't actually serve as such - my only experience was basic in what we called ''Cadet Corps'' (UK) - finished up a lowly signals LCpl! Lot of shooting tho - best part.

Sorry - very boring :smile:

#14 ·
...talking about the sigpro, I picked one up recently via Gunbroker. It's a CPO in .357 SIG with night sights.

Danged thing looked new out of bright red box.....I was prepared not to like the gun and didn't too much after the first 150 rounds....a second range trip and some "light" carrying around the house and out-and-about had me changing my mind. It carries much better than my duty P229. I picked up a short trigger for the sigpro and plan on having it installed soon.

I agree with Chris....two guns....same manual-of-arms...hence my affinity for carrying two Kahr 9mm's (P9 Covert and PM9) off-duty and purchasing a P45 for those occasional cooler FL days when I can wear slightly heavier clothing.

Since my duty gun is a Sig, it makes sense though that I carry the sigpro as my off-duty gun....and maybe get a P245 or P225 as my smaller off-duty guns....for some reason P239's don't work well in my hands...their slides never stay locked back after the last round when I fire them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.