Defensive Carry banner

Military conceal carry

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  rstickle 
#1 ·
I am a legal resident of Florida with a Florida conceal weapon license, however; I am a military member station in Georgia. Can I conceal carry in SC if my Florida driver license has my Georgia address?:king:

#4 ·
Just curious, but why would your FL driver's license have a GA address on it...
Wouldn't FL require your DL to have a FL address. Now your FL CCW permit could have a GA address, but I believe that you could also keep your FL address on your CCW permit also.

I'm sure you're OK either way, but I'd keep everything with a FL home address.

#12 ·
Just curious, but why would your FL driver's license have a GA address on it...
Wouldn't FL require your DL to have a FL address.
Because he's active duty! :yup:

I had my PA drivers permit with many different out of state addresses until I retired. Active duty personnel can keep their "home" state permits, but usually have their local address so that they can be notified when the permit needs renewal. Don't know if it's still the same, but my PA permit also stated "No Picture Required" since I renewed through the mail.

#5 ·
Florida law 790.06(8) requires you to notify the Division of Licensing in writing within 30 days after your address changes. Florida driver license requires that you update your address information on your drivers license within ten days of moving

#7 ·
I was under the impression that this would be different for someone in the military and still claiming FL as his 'real' home.
No?

#6 ·
Florida is about on of the only states that will issue a D/L without you actually living in Fl. It is very common for military guys to claim FL as their home state (no income tax). Many snowbirds here have Fl D/L's as well, even though the are Ohio residents.

#8 ·
I'll be darned. I spent nearly 15 years on active duty claiming FL residency for tax purposes, and have actually lived in FL ever since leaving active duty 15 years ago and I never knew that.

I always maintained a local DL with my actual address. Interesting.

#11 ·
I believe the reason for having current address is that if they send out any paperwork regarding your license IE. suspension etc. they send it to listed address if it's not current you may be driving on a suspended license and not know it.Some ins companys notify the state when you cancel and if you don't respond to inquiry with new ins. info they suspend.Most states will arrest you and book you into jail for driving suspended

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.