Defensive Carry banner

When AARP wants money

3K views 34 replies 30 participants last post by  Andy W. 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The next time you get a notice from AARP send this in their post paid envelope, of course this won’t have much affect if you still send money.

To any and all who will listen to logic within your organization!

You would like my spouse and I to be members in your group so we can enjoy your many discounts which would seem fine to some. But I recently found out that AARP donates to Handgun Control Incorporated. (HCI) This lobbyist group is for total disarming of the United States of America. Not only is this unconstitutional, it leaves the law abiding people nearly defenseless. Especially the elderly!

HCI tells its followers that every 60 minutes someone dies in America from gun violence!
What is not brought up is how many are police shootings or justified homicides. Other misleading statements are that you are more likely to shoot someone you know, then you are in defense of your life.
The truth of the matter is that every 48 seconds a violent crime is averted by the presence of a firearm. In many cases shots are never fired.
In my state, the use of stun guns are illegal by civilians, and if you don’t subdue the subject immediately like putting them in hand cuffs, it will only serve to enrage them further. Just watch a few episodes of COPS to see what happens. Mace is also illegal and has much the same affect. As for police response at best it will take several minutes for them to respond by that time you and your family may be dead or severely injured!

I do not want to seem disrespectful to the police with the following comments, but it may seem so. Police shoot the wrong person 11 percent of the time. Citizens on the other hand? It’s only 2 percent of the time. Police are at a disadvantage when they show up at a scene. The officers must figure out who the bad guy is, not always an easy task. The citizen doesn’t need time or help to discern the situation. Also according to FBI statistics 1 out of 4 firings on scene, from police weapons are unintentional.

Currently there are 40 states that allow law abiding citizens to carry guns for self defense to date. The violent crime rates in most of those states was reduced; certainly it did not go up because of citizens carrying guns!
Every time a carry law has been passed, the opponents to it would say things like. “There will be blood in the streets! Every fender bender will result in a shooting! There will be shootings in the checkout lanes at the grocery store!!!” NONE OF THIS HAS HAPPENED!!!! People carrying guns legally do not commit crimes with them.

In closing anyone standing in the way of the populace arming themselves are responsible for the loss of life or limb, being that they were denied the simple tools of self defense! Especially those of that are not able to fend off one or more attackers, whom could care less how easily we are injured, or how long it takes the aged to heal! Indeed if we recover at all.

Therefore I cannot in good conscience be a part of this organization. It may not seem
like much but I intend to inform all I can to do the same, should AARP continue to fund this and others like it.

Your reply is welcome.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, all ya' gotta' do is look at where the AARP support funding & lobbying goes to discover that, if you care about RKBA,...you really don't care to join or contribute.

#7 ·
I was never a member for this exact reason. Thanks for posting this reminder.

#9 ·
I throw their stuff in the trash. They are a left wing outfiit and elected Harry Belefonte to be their "Man of the Year" once - the guy that hangs out with Chavez of Venezuela and trash talks his adopted country.

#10 ·
Like other here, I have never been a member of AARP and never will be, and just for the reasons stated here. They have been giving money to the anti-gunners for years. I also throw all of their mailings in the trash, where it belongs! You guys think we could throw enough of their stuff into the garbage to bankrupt them? Happy thought!

#11 ·
I mail their postage paid envelopes back to them......empty. :hand5:

#12 ·
I have no use for AARP since I knew where they like to contribute their funds. I wrote them last time I got their trash to take me off the mailing lists. I still get their junk and it still goes in the recycle garbage. I contribute to NRA when I can and more ammo.

#15 ·
I was a member for a short time, the Wench signed us up. I saw the entry on the balance sheet in the check book. I told her that was the last time I should ever see it. She said but they can save us lots of money. I told her why and there was no farther discussion on the matter. But they send me sign up stuff all the time so I send them 3 copies of the letter I wrote; sign it with my address using their mail pass.

#26 ·
They would probably take that as a threat and send the FBI to your door.

#27 ·
My thoughts behind this was to use AARPs money to send a message at no cost to us, not to stop mailings, at least a few people in the office might read it.
After all it could even catch on if enough people send in one every time they get a mailing from them, just copy and send it. So what is it going to cost you, a little ink and two minutes to print and send it, what could be simpler?

If there is something in it you don’t like or want to add to it, change it as long as it is accurate.

Just remember this is how the anti gun people got their way in the past. The only difference is the truth is on our side!

#30 ·
I take their trash and any other trash I can stuff in their postage paid envelope, tape it closed and mail it back. Last time I managed to get in just a little over 4 ounces. I'm going to check with the Post Office to see if I tape the envelope to a brick, will it ship at their expense.

#31 ·
ntkb, that's a great reply! I've saved a copy and will be sending it to them soon. I just turned 50 so I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of their junk mail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.