Defensive Carry banner

Opinions needed on buying a Glock 30sf

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  wrainsberger 
#1 ·
Shooters:
I am extremely interested in the Glock 30sf. A short bio on me -Marine Corp Veteran, & happily married! Both my wife & myself shoot our Glock 19, Glock 23, and Sig Sauer 239-9mm.
My question involves purchasing a Glock 30sf. Our local range does'nt rent this handgun but my wife and I have held this handgun and like the way it fits our hands. This handgun would be used for both plinking targets at our range and protecting our home.
My concerns are -(1) realiability in functioning
(2) felt recoil
(3) accuracy
(4) double taps-how fast
(5) thoughts you may have on this handgun

Thank-you for your thoughts & time!:wavey:wave:

#4 ·
Well lets see:

#1 One of the most realiable guns you can buy

#2 Recoil actually is not that bad and like said your 23 has more.

#3 I feel it is my most accurate Glock I own

#4 Faster then the BG can move!

#5 Very bias. I think it is one of the best choices out there that is why I sold my 23 and never looked back! Get one and thank me later.:bier:

#8 ·
I really like my 30sf. I tried the g36 and the g30, but the 30sf felt the best to me.

It is a very accurate gun. It carries relatively well. I carry mine in an Mtac by Comptac.

If you already a fan of the Glock brand, then you will not be disappointed with a g30.

#10 ·
I haven't fired the 30SF, but have fired the 27 and the 36. I tried the 27 before purchasing either a 30 or 36. I felt that the recoil of the 27 was just a little more than I cared for in a SD gun. I was really in hopes that I would like either the 30 or 36. I couldn't test either of these since they are not offered for rent locally. Holding the 30 and the 36 at a gun show a couple of weeks ago I felt that I liked the grip on the 36 a little better, so I bought it. After firing 150 rounds through it last week, I really like the way it feels. It has a lot less felt recoil than that of the 27. I'm kinda of sorry that I couldn't try the 30, as I really would like the extra rounds. Good luck with your choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.