Defensive Carry banner

Buying Ammo OnLine or Where

5K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  cvhoss 
#1 ·
OK, trying to figure out best place to buy 9mm Defensive Carry ammo for my Glock 26. It appears for plinking, Winchester white box at Walmart will work, as long as the gun is cleaned well afterwards. But as for defensive carry, I want Federal +P+ 115 grain JHP which I am having trouble locating. Where do people buy online? www.cheaperthandirt has it for $39.87 a box.

#13 ·
This is a good site for comparing prices and availability. Make sure to enter your Zip code to get a shipping estimate. Click on this link, then click on the caliber you're interested in:

gun-deals.com - Unbiased Gun Deals

#14 ·
I've purchased from Sportsman's Guide - they seem to have good prices also and fast shipment.

#21 ·
For future purchases you might look at TDS (Tactical Defense Solutions) they are a fourm sponser, their banner is located at the top of the forum page. they have the ammo your looking for in 50 round boxes for $16.50, plus they give a discount to DC.com members. I can't remember the code off the top of my head but look in the sponser buy sell and trade and you will find it.

#22 ·
Ammoman.com normally carries it, but it's currently out of stock. Not much help for right this moment, but you may want to take a look there from time to time. I usually get decent prices from Ammoman, and they cover the shipping. So when you compare prices, take the shipping into consideration. Of course, you need to buy in case (or 5 box minimum when they have something available by the box.

#25 ·
+1 for sportsmans guide. I got the club card and get 10 dollars off 99 or more all the time coupons from them in my email. I think with the coupon, I usually pay 8 dollars for shipping plus the 5 percent off with the club card. They seem to be a bit backed up now though as I suppose most places are.

#30 ·
I'll throw out another one since I haven't seen them mentioned. Take a look at Mid South Shooter's Supply. Their supply isn't always great but on premium ammo, their prices usually beat ATG. Example:
Hornady TAP 223 55gr.
Mid South --- $18.26 per box
ATG --- $19.95 per box

Hornady V-Max 204 Ruger 32gr.
Mid South --- $14.81
ATG --- $16.75

Speer Gold Dot 40 S&W 165gr.
Mid South --- $20.38
ATG --- $22.49

Hornady TAP 9mm 124gr.
Mid South --- $17.58
ATG --- $19.95​
Mid South doesn't carry the lines of LE ammo that ATG does and, as I said, their in stock supply is sometimes frustrating but if they have the premium ammo that you want in stock, it may save you some money. For practice ammo, it reverses and ATG (or Wal-Mart) is your better choice. I have ordered from Mid South before and if it is in stock, their delivery is very fast.
Hoss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.