Defensive Carry banner

Dakota Defender arrived today!!!!!

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Jcabin 
#1 ·
Well, it was an early christmas, yesterday my Sparks VM2 arrived, and today my KD Dakota defender arrived. I ordered my KD about a month and a half after my Sparks. Very nice holster. The KD is simple leather, and I also ordered a mag pouch with it. All totaled my KD including the mag pouch, was about $50.00 less than my Sparks, but the Sparks had the shark trim. So, All I have to say is WOW. Kevin make a nice holster! The Dakota is both stiffer and thinner than my VM2. Drawing and re holstering is a chore with the KD, but that's OK, it will loosen up. The Sparks was easy to do both upon its arrival. I like the fact that the KD is adjustable. The Sparks is made a certain way, and if that way doesn't fit the user, well I guess you are out of luck. Fortunately my Sparks fit me well so I am one of the lucky ones. The KD also had a nice felt-type backing on it, MUCH more comfortable against the skin. I have yet to put either one of the through a real good test, as my Sparks arrived yesterday and my KD arrived today. Just from the little bit I wore both and looked at both side-by-side, so far the nod goes to the KD. I like the thinness of the Dakota, it's adjustable, less expensive, easier on and off, little quicker delivery time, felt backing, and I like the "locking click" my Colt makes when holstering. Here are the mandatory pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Your gonna love the Sparks. After recieving mine, I have to say, I now know why everyone recommends Sparks. Unfortunately for my VM2, I haven't even put it on since my KD Dakota got here. I absolutely love this KD holster. It is by far more comfy than any other holster I own. Prior to these holsters arriving, I was carrying a Kahr in an M-tac. Now my poor M-Tac holster at least has some company in the box, as my brand spanking new VM2 has taken up residence in there too.

#14 ·
I have a K&D Dakota Defender, a Sparks VMII and an MTAC. My Dakota Defender gets the call everyday. More comfortable than the others. Kevin has done a good job with this holster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.