Defensive Carry banner

Crossbreed Belt ?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  XDcarry 
#1 ·
Just ordered a horsehide Supertuck and a gun belt for my XD 45c. Good looking belt and good price. I bought this one in black to help hide the clips for work. I am thinking about ordering a Beltman in brown for off duty wear. I work 24hrs on-duty, 48hrs off-duty so I will wear the next belt twice as much. Anybody own the Crossbreed Belt? How does it hold up? Did it fit the same as you measured? I measured a little over 39" with IWB carry but didnt take into account what I carry with now is a crappy dept. store belt. I ordered 39" but should have ordered 40" dont you think? I do quite a bit of sitting at work. Do you know if I can call him and make the correction or send an e-mail? Dont think I will be able to wear the belt in the center hole.

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. You said two inches larger than my regular belt? I measured with the XD in a IWB holster but went down half an inch instead of up? Wondering if I should call and go from 39" to 40"? I think 39 will work but not in the center hole. :confused:

#4 ·
My brother ordered a Crossbreed belt. I ordered a Beltman using the instructions on his website. Having seen both side by side, IMO, the Beltman belt was much higher quality fit and finish and price wasn't much more. I've been very happy with it. I got the 7 hole version that was 2" larger than I usually wear - it fits 2nd to last hole with my XDsc in a Crossbreed holster, 3rd hole with a Blackhawk inside-the-belt slide, and center hole with a paddle holster. I like it that way - not too much "tail" to tuck in to the far side.

When my New Year's resolution kicks in, I expect to knock those all back a notch or so....

#5 ·
I just got a CB belt and go IMHO go for an inch bigger rather than smaller. I had to send the first one back because it was too tight and I did order it 2 inches larger than my old regular belt. Also if you are worried about hiding clips, get the velcro on the belt and v-clips. Total stealth even to close observation.

#6 ·
Thanks guys, just called and changed from 39 to 40. Now just got to sit back and wait. Think I may order a Beltman later. Well see how the CB belt and holster workout. Any negative issues with either product...or just all good?

#8 ·
I have a beltman (buckleless) and a crossbreed. While the BM is of a fancier finish I think the overall quality between the two is similar. If you want something that is dressier then go with a BM, if want something a little more regular then consider the CB. Your normal clothing choices should help you decide. I doubt you will be sorry in either case. FYI, I got the BM buckleless to use as I fly often and hate having to take my belt off to go through security. :)

Cy

#9 ·
I have a crossbreed belt that I bought along with my super tuck. It is a solid belt that I have had no problems with. However, it is very thick -close to 3/8 of an inch. It works well with the paddle and IWB holsters, but is to thick for some of my pancake holsters and causes an uncomfortable bulge when it passes behind the gun.

My next one will be a beltman belt. They are thinner and give the same support. So if anyone needs a 36 inch crossbreed belt .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.