Defensive Carry banner

How old were you when you bought your first gun..and how old are you now?

How old were you when you first bought your gun

4K views 61 replies 61 participants last post by  jkvan87 
#1 ·
and how old are you now?
also- what was your first gun

keltec pf9 and p32

#2 ·
The first firearm I bought myself was a Mosberg 500 persuader on the evening of my 18th birthday.

Editing on here so not to distract the thread: Yeah Timmy, I'm back in Ohio for about a months worth of leave, then I go back to Hawaii for a while.

#3 ·
First gun I was given was a H&R single shot 20ga at about age 9. First gun I bought was a rem 7600 in 30-06 at age 15. I am 36.

Hey Buckeye are you back in ConUS?

#7 ·
Your poll doesn't go low enough. I hunted with my first single shotgun at 10. Had my first 22 rifle at 12, and my first pump shotgun at 14.

You don't even start the poll until 15, by then I had 3 guns.

The first one "I bought" ... was at 21, because I couldn't legally buy it until then.

#9 ·
I think it was the upper end of the 21-28... but I had military weapons to practice with before then.

#10 ·
My first gun was a Montgomery Ward, single shot 410 that my father was raised on, when he gave it to me at age 8 he still had some of the paper shells that he had as a kid. The next gun was a winchester 22 lever action, and at 14 I stole his Rimington 870 so with the money from a summer job I purchased my OWN shootgun at age 15 an Ithaca SKB 12 gauge auto loader, and a couple dozen guns sence then.

#11 ·
I was given my first gun, a bolt action .410 for my 9th birthday. Bought my first gun, a single shot .22 at 14 or 15.

Still have that old .410 and wish I still had the .22.....

#12 ·
Couldn't vote as you don't have an age bracket young enough. Used my lawnmowing and hayfield money to buy my first shotgun at 13 or 14. Western Auto 16 gauge pump shotgun. Sold it to make the down payment on my wife's engagement ring and have never let her forget it.:image035:

Hoss

#13 ·
First gun I was given was a Radom P-35 VIS. First I bought was a Springfield Armory 9MM Service. Still got both of 'em.

#19 ·
I was given a 22 rifle when I was 12.

The first gun I bought myself was a 22 Ruger pistol when I was 19. And, I had no business having that gun. I was pretty wild back then. Luckly, nothing bad happened.

I am older than dirt now and much more responsable. A little smarter too. :duh:

#21 ·
I shot/hunted with several of my dad's .22s and .410, I was given my first one to call my own for Christmas at 9 yrs old, a Savage single shot 20ga

The first one I bought myself was my Mossberg 500 Persuader at 26 yrs old. I had been given several others up to this point.

#22 ·
My first gun was a 12 gauge Remington 870 at 16-17.

I think the first gun I ever bought myself was either a Remington M700 in .30-06 or a SKS-D. Can't remember which one I bought first but I was 18.

First handgun was a Sig P-226 at 21.

#25 ·
First gun was in my early 20's, H&R single shot 12 gauge. Then nothing for about 10 years, of course 4 of that was spent in Germany. Right after I got back (I was 30) bought my Ruger Mark II and a Ruger Blackhawk .357 as well as a Marlin model 75c .22. Collection has continued since then.

#26 ·
first two guns were presents from my dad(he was never into gunswhile i was growing up, and has now found the enjoyment of them through our playin cowboy in his town hes built up in his back yard), a .44 1860 army blackpowder revolver, then a winchester model 94 30-30. the first gun i bought was a remington 870 12 guage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.