Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greetings from Montana!

1K views 41 replies 42 participants last post by  jamierah 
#1 ·
Just found this site today and it's just what I'm looking for: A repository for all things CCW..including what appears to be an excellent resource for an outstanding marketplace of all things CCW.

I just moved to the free state of Montana from behind enemy lines (aka "Peoples' Republic of Kalifornia") where I was a regular at Calguns.net (the finest group of 2A enthusiasts I've ever known) where I was somewhat of a 2A activist (pushing the unloaded open carry movement, assisting the education of LEAs in my area on lawful procedures when approaching "man with gun" calls and proper CA legal AR/AK builds, and other things.

While in CA, I helped a Utah BCI certified trainer organize several CCW classes for my comrads in CA and got my own CCW there too. Now that I'm in a free state and can actually use my CCW, I've been carrying my M&P9 everywhere I go and I've been studying up on MT laws and such. It's going to be hard to pull the abundant CA Penal Code from my head and all the bass-ackwards legal mumbo jumbo the CA DOJ uses to confuse, lie, and disrupt lawful gun owners from thinking they have any such 2A rights. I'm happy to report the MT gun laws are quite simple and plain..for the most part..now i just have to see how the local constables react and make sure they too comply with the laws they are sworn to protect.

Anyway, a bit of an overshare. I hope to be a positive contributor here as I learn the ways of the wise and well-versed of DC.com. Otherwise, thanks Bumper for a superb forum!

Oh yeah..since I'm a fan of picture rich forums..here's my current carry set up.

Cheap-o "ace" bellyband (to see if bellybands are the way to go), and my MP9. I'm likely going to buy a G26 and a few 12rd mags (mostly to experience the "no-wait" freedom and to have "high cap" mags!!! Wheeeew hoo!)

See less See more
#18 ·
welcome from the panhandle of Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.