Defensive Carry banner

Light for Ar15?

4K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  jwhite75 
#1 ·
Looking for recommendations for a light for an AR15. It is a S&W M&P15, got it for my husband and he shot it and loved it when home, but he would like a light. As he is back out of country for a few months I was hoping to get one for him before he is home again in September. Thanks in advance. I am not very knowledgeable about rifles and appreciate any help!

#4 ·
Agreed. Let us know what is going on with the fore end. If it is railed, you are good to go. If his M&P15 has the regular handguards, attaching a light is a little harder but not impossible. Options for the regular handguards include mounts like the ElZetta ZFH1500 which is pictured below...

As far as lights, the Surefire x300 is top of the line. I personally prefer the Insight XTI Procyon due to it's cost and features.

#6 ·
I have a Surefire M600C on my LMT rifle (.mil pricing is $318). Or you can get a Fenix TK10 or TK11 on a VLTOR mount (my friend has been using that set and he likes it). The Surefire X300 works very well. I have one on my G23 and I wouldn't hesitate to put it on my rifle if my M600C failed. You can also get a Surefire 6P and then purchase a Malkoff drop-in LED and a Larue or Daniel Defense offset light mount.

ETA: Assuming it's a railed forend.

#7 ·
Not sure which model M&P, but if it's the one with the MOE handguards just grab a piece of rail from here: Welcome to ERGO Grip Products and then a mount from here: Viking Tactics, Inc. and then get him a Surefire G2 or 6p (I normally find the best prices on eBay). and he's good to go...

If it has a railed forend skip the Ergo rail bit and the VTAC/Surefire a quality cost-effective solution.

Outside of that, I can't help.

#9 ·
Dont know your budget...but I think the dedicated WML forends from Surefire are the way to go...or one of their vertical grip/light units combos....The Surefire is the innovator and in my mind the leader in this kind of stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.