Defensive Carry banner

Converting a Glock 27 to a 9mm....

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Danimal 
#1 ·
I have a G27 and would like to convert to 9mm so I can consolidate calibers. Any advice as to the choice of barrels? Is the G26 a drop-in replacement? Any other suggestions as to 3rd party manufacturers? Thanks in advance. :bier:

#4 ·
You can get a drop in 9mm conversion for your Glock 27.....but I might suggest getting some G26 magazines to go along with it. Actually most aftermarket barrels for the Glocks seem to be less expensive than Glock originals.

#7 ·
100% sure that the answer is yes.....because I have done this and it works.

Can't drop in a 33 or 27 barrel into a 26 slide though. Never have understood why anyone would buy a 26.....especially with the dearth of available 9mm ammo out there.

I would buy 9mm mags if you are going to carry in this configuration though, if it is just for range work, not as big a deal.

I have two Lone Wolf barrels and they have worked fine. I also have Storm Lake, but their prices went up and Lone Wolf are a hair cheaper. Great thing about these barrels is that you can shoot lead through them if you reload too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.