Defensive Carry banner

Someone wasn't thinking

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  rocky 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
los said:
I think there's enormous potential of sustaining a self inflicting wound by accidently discharging the weapons as the guns are drawn up and swung by the body.
Thats if they could get them out the holster. Reach behing your back and pull straight up, how far can you go? I would have to bout bend over to clear leather with taht rig.

#8 ·
Bruces45 said:
Thats if they could get them out the holster. Reach behing your back and pull straight up, how far can you go? I would have to bout bend over to clear leather with taht rig.
They'd have to develope a new way of shooting. Like perhaps bending into a 90 degree angle and turning around as to "moon" the target or the perp, and shoot from that position. If the projectiles don't get them, they'll probably die of laughter!! :comeandgetsome:

#10 ·
This may bring us to a whole new level in Competition-level Negligent Discharges. Through the miracle of this new technology, it is now possible to really botch a draw and shoot yourself in the a$$ twice in the same incident!

Imagine the possibilities...

Matt

#14 ·
I'm not agreeing with the concept what-so-ever, but if you look at the way the holsters are cut and constructed, you really don't have to draw any further than the top of the belt-line; not to the very top of the holster. The holster is completely open behind the trigger-guard, so once the end of the muzzle reaches the height of the trigger-guard opening, the pistols can be angled down and outward to complete the draw. The gun does not have to be lifted to the top of the holster near the rear sight as it would seem. Many years ago I made a similar rig for a Drug-task Force officer I knew, and probably wouldn't have made it if I wasn't well aquainted with him. It was for a pair of Glock 19s. I am completely against a reverse-twist or calvary draw as on the pictured holster, so I angled the pistols opposite of whats shown, with the muzzles pointing inboard and the grips pointing up. The two grips actually formed a triangle and the front corners of the mag base-plates touched when the pistols were holstered unworn. They separated slightly when worn since the rig was conformed around the body under belt pressure. I used four belt contact points for stabilty; two belt slots on either side of the pistols as on the rig pictured, and two belt tunnels on the rear of the holster; one behind each gun. It was quite a project and took a lot of dead cow. $119.00 is not a bad price considering the amount of leather alone.

#16 ·
i think you wear it in the SOB, right directly over the spine....I seen it on a website...they are marketing it as the sacral crusher...LOL
You know they may have something there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.