Defensive Carry banner

Restaurant carry in AZ

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sigtaujohn 
#1 ·
This is quoted from the update to the Arizona Gun Owners Guide:

"CCW permit holders can carry in places that serve alcohol, unless the places post official signs from the Dept of Liquor Licenses banning entry to anyone with a firearm. The ban was written broadly enough to prohibit anyone from carrying, even on-duty police or employees,if signs are posted.
If access is not banned and you posses a firearm, you may not drink. If you enter you have an affirmative defense against prosecution ( meaning you must prove your innocence) if you were not informed of the ban, the sign fell down, the sign was posted less than 30 days before you were charged, or you weren't a resident of the state....you have permission to go in far enough to see if there's a sign posted.
Drinking while carrying in a liquor-serving establishment, or carrying in such a place if it's posted for no guns, is a class 3 misdemeanor."

Does this mean LEO's would/ could be charged with a misdemeanor?
Does our state not trust it's own citizens but have no qualms about other states citizens?
Can someone expand the explanation of affirmative defense?

See less See more
#4 ·
OK ... I spent a week scouring and searching posts and did not find anything related to my ?
and no new answers here either???

#6 ·
I think it just boils down to the simple truth that most of our lawmakers are terrible at writing laws that are easily understood.

I kind of doubt that there will to many arrests of LEOs on this statute.

Just stay legal yourself and stay safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.