Defensive Carry banner

Have you contacted your Representative about H.R 2324?

• Yes, I have

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • No, but I will

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No, my Representative will vote wrong anyway

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I agree with the Bradies on this one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Where is your Representative?

831 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  matdicdad 
#1 ·
Have you contacted your Representative about H.R 2324?

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : Home

(SNIP)

Good news! Just in the past few days - since Brian Malte's email to
you last week - you've added eight new cosponsors to H.R 2324, Rep. Mike Castle and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy's bill to close the gun show loophole.

Thanks to you and others, we are getting closer to our ambitious goal of 100 cosponsors by Martin Luther King Day, January 18.

We can do this. When we keep the pressure on, we will close the gun show loophole.

But it will take every voice ... and every dollar ... to help pass
this common sense bill to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of dangerous people.

Please make a contribution to the Brady Campaign now to help save lives.

The gun lobby will fight us every step of the way with its ridiculous
mantra of "any gun, anywhere, for anybody." But you and I have been in this fight for a long time. And common sense is on our side.

We want 100 cosponsors by January 18, but we are also pressing for a congressional hearing on the issue, and we are working with our media contacts to get editorials and interviews on all major news programs.

Brady and Million Mom March Chapters - we have more than 70 - are also organizing in key districts to help get more cosponsors.

This kind of all-out effort is how we passed the Brady Law.

But our victories do not come cheap - especially against the mammoth gun lobby machine.

#2 ·
I have contacted every representative that has any reason whatsoever to listen to me (which pretty much means you have to vote for them directly) to voice my opposition.

#3 ·
Seems like a rather stupid law. Around here, no one at a gun show is selling you anything without a NICs check. People who do personal sales don't need a gun show to sell them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.