Defensive Carry banner

The "Official" 1911 Thread

461K views 3K replies 479 participants last post by  sprmx199 
#1 ·
i was perusing the forums a few minutes ago, and i noticed there were threads dedicated to knives, Glocks, and snubbies. but, no 1911s.

:blink:

are you guys kidding me?

let's see those 1911s, people!

My Taurus PT1911:

Llama IX (Commander size), that was stolen out of my van:mad::

See less See more
#6 ·
Here is one that I found on the web years ago. Just to get us into the Holiday Spirit! :biggrin2:
Note that it's from our original CombatCarry Gallery. A Very Merry Christmassy firearm!
Truthfully it's nearbout the ugliest 1911 type firearm that I ever "laid eyes" on. :gah:
Some 1911s have Night Sights...this one has WHITE SIGHTS. :hand5:

Here IS one of my Colt 1911 pistols (my favorite one demonstrating how you can temporarily secure a 1911 using a set of handcuffs.

One of mine - nothing really special about it except for Ivory grips....Note the Ivory Slam Pad on the mag.

#10 ·
Pogo, you always have nice gun photos.:congrats:

I'll try and take some pics and jump in on this thread soon.

#12 ·
Here is a few of mine:

Les Baer
Kimber Pro Carry HDII & Ultra
STI Trojan
TTi Custom
Springfield

Attachments

#13 ·
Kimber Custom Target II

Wilson Combat CQB Compact

Kimber Elite Carry (Series I)

Attachments

#19 ·
Best Pics I have right now. :redface:

My EDC a Kimber Pro Carry II .45

Mepro Arms American Classic II .45
(I figure I will tinker with this one myself)

Para Ordnance P-16 converted to 10mm

Reactions: DixieChika
#26 ·
Go to edit on your original post, then to advanced. You can change the title there. I dont remember, but there might be a time limit on editing titles too.

If there is, I'm sure a mod would be happy to make it 'official'. Tell them I said it was OK. :rofl:

#30 ·
My one and only, maybe tax refund season will change that...

Para USA GI expert .45

My first 1911 clone, and the first solid steel pistol I've ever owned. Yep, I've been a "Tupperware" junkie for 13 years now. :hand5:
My father keeps telling me he wants to buy it, I'm thinking that after I get enough to get another 1911, I may give this one to him as an early fathers day gift.