Defensive Carry banner

Springfield XDSC 357sig Conversion

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Trooper Joe 
#1 ·
Quick question can you convert a Springfield XD Sub-compact (3in) 40sw to 357sig? Does anyone make a conversion barrell and mag? WHy doesnt SF make a 357 in the SC?

#3 ·
I really don't understand the engineering behind a lot of this. I don't want to convert my .40 to something else -- I would have bought the "something else" if that is what I wanted.

I understand that finances can enter into these discussions. But, I have to assume that most of us are far more interested in reliability. (after all, this forum is about defensive guns)

Does a "conversion" actually create a reliable weapon? And, I guess a second question is, why? If you want an xx instead of a yy, then buy the xx. Not trying to be tacky, but I refer back to my reliability comment.

#5 ·
While currently out of stock, here is what you're looking for. Also, soon, it looks like these guys will make one as well.

The .40 XDsc will handle .357sig just fine with the new barrel and the same magazines/slide,extractor/etc. as the .357sig uses the exact same cases, just a smaller bullet.

As to why you'd want to do that, perhaps because while the XD is offered in .357sig, the sc model is not, and that's no reason not to shoot a great round?

Enjoy! :smile::wave:

#8 ·
New used 239 in 357 sig

Just looking over this thread and thought I would add my thoughts.

My first .357 Sig was in a Sig P226 40 format that had an extra .357 Sig barrel. Really liked the round, but alas, the 226 was too heavy for plain/civilian clothes (I am a retired LEO and feel that the 226 is pretty much a uniform/holster gun).

This afternoon, I picked up a nice 40 P239 two tone with three mags (been looking at this gun at a local dealer for several months). I called Sig right away and ordered the .357 Sig barrel and two .357/239 magazines (you need seperate mags on this single stack gun or so I am told).

I think this will be a great carry gun even though it is slightly heavier than my Glock 19 and 36 (besides I wanted the same brand gun as the folks who were responsible for the .357 Sig.)

This is a great forum and the folks posting have a lot of good info to share.

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

PS--I think the original subject matter of this thread is very interesting. Before I go "toe up" I want to own a compact XD is some interesting caliber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.