Defensive Carry banner

New Guy from Michigan

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  jeepman 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I stumbled onto this site while looking for Knife Law's in Michigan. I have recently purchase a Ka-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Knife . With a 2" Blade 5 5/8" overall . I don't have a ccw at this time and was wondering if this Knife was legal to carry concealed . I would feel allot safer while walking at night time if I can carry this Knife Legally as a last resort Knife . If anyone can give me some information on this question I would appreciate it very much . Thanks

#13 ·
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

#14 ·
Hello and welcome from Warren...this may help.

750.226 Firearm or dangerous weapon; carrying with unlawful intent.

Sec. 226.

Carrying firearm or dangerous weapon with unlawful intent—Any person who, with intent to use the same unlawfully against the person of another, goes armed with a pistol or other firearm or dagger, dirk, razor, stiletto, or knife having a blade over 3 inches in length, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument, shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or by a fine of not more than 2,500 dollars.

History: 1931, Act 328, Eff. Sept. 18, 1931 ;-- CL 1948, 750.226

So carry legally at lengths over 3" for lawful purposes...anyone else wouldn't consider the law if they were up to no good with it anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.