DuraCoated Springfield XD 9mm - Tiger Striped

This is a discussion on DuraCoated Springfield XD 9mm - Tiger Striped within the T & Z Armory forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Originally Posted by TZArmory A couple of things. One, the pattern that we used here is not supposed to be even. If you don't like ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: DuraCoated Springfield XD 9mm - Tiger Striped

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TZArmory View Post
    A couple of things. One, the pattern that we used here is not supposed to be even. If you don't like the look that's perfectly fine, but it isn't meant to have straight lines. Two, as for spots missing, where do you see that? I've been called blind before, but I don't see any spots missing in the pic, or here on the firearm.
    XD9mm tiger stripe missed spots.JPG

OK, I get that that's what the customer wanted but those look like missed spots to me-unless they're some strange artifacts of the digital process.

2. Remove Ads

That's the gold accent that was mentioned. At least I'm assuming that to be the case?

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Take a closer look.

I couldn't imagine seeing somebody shooting that gun at the range. I highly doubt I'd be able to control my laughter and I'd probably have to make at least three jokes about it.

Also, OP, I'm not knocking your work. I know you just did what the customer requested.
    miller_man likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

If you ever had to pull it on a bad guy I bet he would laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    If you ever had to pull it on a bad guy I bet he would laugh.
    LOL. I agree. It almost looks like a big ass fruit snack.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    My wife thinks she's a designer sometimes because, well because she watches design shows on TV and one time we slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

I'm glad the customer likes it, though it does look to me like something that my not have come out the way they were expecting it to come out. I can say this: if you're willing to do that for a customer because that's what a customer wants, then I'll surely bring any business along these lines that I might have to you knowing that you will do exactly what I asked for.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I can say this: if you're willing to do that for a customer because that's what a customer wants, then I'll surely bring any business along these lines that I might have to you knowing that you will do exactly what I asked for.
    I agree with this. At my place of employment we get a lot of business because of the fact that if we can make it (and make money) we'll do it. We don't care if it's crazy or ugly.

Those are gold accents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    XD9mm tiger stripe missed spots.JPG

OK, I get that that's what the customer wanted but those look like missed spots to me-unless they're some strange artifacts of the digital process.

Yes, that is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RC12 View Post
    That's the gold accent that was mentioned. At least I'm assuming that to be the case?

To make sure that the pattern and colors come out the way the customer wants, we specify and discuss every option and step of the DuraCoat process over the phone before the order is actually taken. This is not a deal where a customer gets something unexpected. We take pride in what we do and our number one goal is for the customer to be satisfied with the work that we do. It did in fact come out the way it was supposed to. The customer wanted thicker stripes in those colors with gold accents. We warranty all our work for five years as well. So if the finish doesn't hold up, it is taken care of. If a customer isn't happy with the work and it was what they asked for, we aren't going to say "tuff" when they call us on the phone. We stand behind our work and will continue to do so. It's totally fine that you guys aren't fans of the pattern/color, but saying the pattern isn't correct or it's probably not what the customer was expecting is not up for speculation. It IS what the customer wanted, and the pattern itself IS correct. If it wasn't, we would make it right with the customer.

My wife thinks she's a designer sometimes because, well because she watches design shows on TV and one time we slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

I'm glad the customer likes it, though it does look to me like something that my not have come out the way they were expecting it to come out. I can say this: if you're willing to do that for a customer because that's what a customer wants, then I'll surely bring any business along these lines that I might have to you knowing that you will do exactly what I asked for.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TZArmory View Post
    To make sure that the pattern and colors come out the way the customer wants, we specify and discuss every option and step of the DuraCoat process over the phone before the order is actually taken. This is not a deal where a customer gets something unexpected. We take pride in what we do and our number one goal is for the customer to be satisfied with the work that we do. It did in fact come out the way it was supposed to. The customer wanted thicker stripes in those colors with gold accents. We warranty all our work for five years as well. So if the finish doesn't hold up, it is taken care of. If a customer isn't happy with the work and it was what they asked for, we aren't going to say "tuff" when they call us on the phone. We stand behind our work and will continue to do so. It's totally fine that you guys aren't fans of the pattern/color, but saying the pattern isn't correct or it's probably not what the customer was expecting is not up for speculation. It IS what the customer wanted, and the pattern itself IS correct. If it wasn't, we would make it right with the customer.
    Dude, I know you've taken some hits here, but I was totally defending you with my input.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Senior Moderator
    I don't think that anyone was questioning the quality of your work TZ, which seems to be top notch

I think it is just the customers taste that is being questioned
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Honestly, the hits don't bother us. People like what they like, and they don't like what they don't. We have posted plenty of stuff that people have loved, and a few that weren't barn burners by any means. The feedback is good to know so we don't start spraying firearms like this hoping they will sell. More than likely (based on the feedback) we will wait for someone to specifically order this pattern for their firearm or a firearm they purchase from us before we spray this pattern in these colors.
    Maybe I misinterpreted what you wrote: "I'm glad the customer likes it, though it does look to me like something that my not have come out the way they were expecting it to come out. I can say this: if you're willing to do that for a customer because that's what a customer wants, then I'll surely bring any business along these lines that I might have to you knowing that you will do exactly what I asked for."

We took that as it probably didn't come out the way the customer wanted it to. I apologize if that was not what you meant or we took that the wrong way. Making sure the customer gets what they want is our top priority.

Dude, I know you've taken some hits here, but I was totally defending you with my input.

For the most part, I think you're right. Which is totally a preference thing, people like what they like and they don't like what they don't like. The missed spots was addressed because they were gold accents, and we may have misinterpreted a post about the customer not getting what they expected. Feedback is very important for our future work, but we will respond to any unjust criticisms that have to do with the quality of our work.
    Thank you for letting us know you like our work! We hope it looks top notch to everyone else as well!

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I don't think that anyone was questioning the quality of your work TZ, which seems to be top notch

I think it is just the customers taste that is being questioned

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast