DuraCoated Springfield XD 9mm - Tiger Striped - Page 3

DuraCoated Springfield XD 9mm - Tiger Striped

This is a discussion on DuraCoated Springfield XD 9mm - Tiger Striped within the T & Z Armory forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Originally Posted by BurgerBoy It's so ugly you would have to tie a piece of bacon around it before I would even look at it. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: DuraCoated Springfield XD 9mm - Tiger Striped

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    It's so ugly you would have to tie a piece of bacon around it before I would even look at it.
    Well that is not fair bacon makes everything better...

In all seriousness I could see this pattern with a two tone desert brown scheme looking pretty good wide stripes and all.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Well, I guess I have to stand as being corrected. My mistake.

To each their own. I like Tiger stripes but I like the Vietnam era camo tiger stripe pattern.

"Well that is not fair bacon makes everything better...

In all seriousness I could see this pattern with a two tone desert brown scheme looking pretty good wide stripes and all."

Thanks for the post, I think that would look good as well! A customer from another forum mentioned desert tan and dark brown.

Sometimes it's hard to see with the pictures, no worries.

Another great pattern, we can finish one of yours in that if you like!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    My wife thinks she's a designer sometimes because, well because she watches design shows on TV and one time we slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

I'm glad the customer likes it, though it does look to me like something that my not have come out the way they were expecting it to come out. I can say this: if you're willing to do that for a customer because that's what a customer wants, then I'll surely bring any business along these lines that I might have to you knowing that you will do exactly what I asked for.
    This and the fact that youre taking the crtiscism so well, you would have my business should I decide I want some work done
    lyz_grace and TX expat like this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Gotta say, as a woman, I also think it's a pretty awkward selection, but props to TZArmory for doing what looks like a good job and taking the criticism so well. I'll copy Ionracas - when I decide to duracoat any of my guns (which I've strongly considered... will probably only take the cash and a whim to make me splurge), I'll definitely check you guys out.

what are the differences between duracoat and cerakote? I had a slide cerakoted on a LCP on the recommendation of a friend and it's held up pretty good for about a year so far.

does duracoat hold up to holster rash, solvents etc? I've got an old Smith auto that could use a face lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    This and the fact that youre taking the crtiscism so well, you would have my business should I decide I want some work done
    We appreciate the post and will be here should you decide to get that work done!

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Gotta say, as a woman, I also think it's a pretty awkward selection, but props to TZArmory for doing what looks like a good job and taking the criticism so well. I'll copy Ionracas - when I decide to duracoat any of my guns (which I've strongly considered... will probably only take the cash and a whim to make me splurge), I'll definitely check you guys out.
    Great! Let us know when that whim to splurge comes up and we'll get you going!

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    what are the differences between duracoat and cerakote? I had a slide cerakoted on a LCP on the recommendation of a friend and it's held up pretty good for about a year so far.

does duracoat hold up to holster rash, solvents etc? I've got an old Smith auto that could use a face lift.
    The argument as to which finish is better has been ongoing for a while now. You will hear people on both sides say one finish is better than the other. I'm not going to say anything negative about cerakote because I don't like posting negative comments about the competition and I've never personally Cerkoted a firearm. I will say that the product WE use, DuraCoat, is truly an outstanding finish! We've taken a video of our lab and the process that the firearms go through to give our customers a better sense of how and why we take the steps we do to properly finish your firearm: T & Z Armory DuraCoat Lab - YouTube

Let me begin by saying that DuraCoat holds up great to holster wear and regular use. It is a very durable product (otherwise, with the five year warranty we offer, we would just be doing everyones firearm over and over again until we ran out of money for product and shipping :0). Having said that, the full cure time for DuraCoat is about 30 days. We recommend waiting that period to start regularly using it in a holster. Some people can't wait that long (ie: conceal carry with no backup firearm) and we totally understand. However, letting it cure for that amount of time will give you a multiple lifetime finish. We aren't saying you can't put the firearm in a holster before then, but if you frequently draw and re holster the firearm on a daily basis, that could tarnish the finish before it's completely cured. Shooting the firearm is a different story. You can do that as soon as you receive it back in the mail from us.

Hopefully this helps and was informative for everyone reading. I am sending a PM for specifics on your Smith auto.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123