For Sale: Daily Deal - Double Tap Defense Tactical Pocket Pistol in 45ACP

This is a discussion on For Sale: Daily Deal - Double Tap Defense Tactical Pocket Pistol in 45ACP within the T & Z Armory forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Today's daily deal is for a Double Tap Defense Tactical Pocket Pistol in 45ACP for $444.99 + shipping (usually from $20 to $25). “The DoubleTap™ ...

Today's daily deal is for a Double Tap Defense Tactical Pocket Pistol in 45ACP for $444.99 + shipping (usually from $20 to $25). “The DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket Pistol has undergone significant improvements since being moved to a new manufacturer (Azimuth Technologies); making the DoubleTap™ a more reliable, simpler handgun.

Here are some of the improvements made to the Double Tap:

 Interchangeable barrels (9mm and .45ACP) using a M16 style
    push pin that is now ambidextrous
     Enhanced pistol grip with new “FRAG” pattern inspired by
    the fragmentation grenade
     Improved, easier to use thumb-latch
     Patent pending trigger system simplified to only four major
    components and featuring dual hammers for extra reliability
     Double-action, sequentially fired mechanical trigger system
    has double-strike capability
     Ported barrels available for both the 9mm and .45 ACP to
    reduce recoil and muzzle flip

Feel free to visit our website (DuraCoat Refinishing | Hand Guns & Accessories | T & Z Armory) or contact me via the information below for purchase or more item details. Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/tzarmory) and follow us on twitter (www.twitter.com/tzarmory)! Thank you for your time.

Mike Pelini
    T&Z Armory Inc.
    574-707-5745
    thor@tzarmory.com

Our Website: DuraCoat Refinishing | Hand Guns & Accessories | T & Z Armory
    Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/tzarmory
    Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/tzarmory
    Pin us on Pinterest: T & Z Armory Inc. (tzarmory) on Pinterest
    Subscribe to us on YouTube: T Z Armory - YouTube
    Attached Images

I seen one of these Babies just this past week. Reminds me of something our OSS people might have used in WWII.

1-Do both barrels fire simultaneously when one squeezes the trigger?

2-I know there are 2 hideout rounds in the grip. Could a guy w/a Dremel tool carve out more space for 2 or possibly more rounds without mucking up the integrity of said pistol? Four to six spare rounds in grip appeals to me way better than 2 spare rounds.

3-If I had rejuvenating toy money I'd be all over this puppy like that Donnie D character on YouTube.

4-I realize this is a last ditch last stand weapon. I figure 5 to 20 feet is what it was made for. Any idea what the max range might be? Let's say 2 scenarios: First someone who doesn't shoot 1911s regular. Think small framed woman with minimum upper body strength to wrists/forearm strength. Chances of hitting COM.

Typical 1911 guy/gal. Shoots 1911s exclusively. Won't even discuss 10mm, 9mm, 357s or 44s. Individual built like a Wall on steroids. A real man's Man. What say ye?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I seen one of these Babies just this past week. Reminds me of something our OSS people might have used in WWII.

1-Do both barrels fire simultaneously when one squeezes the trigger?

2-I know there are 2 hideout rounds in the grip. Could a guy w/a Dremel tool carve out more space for 2 or possibly more rounds without mucking up the integrity of said pistol? Four to six spare rounds in grip appeals to me way better than 2 spare rounds.

3-If I had rejuvenating toy money I'd be all over this puppy like that Donnie D character on YouTube.

4-I realize this is a last ditch last stand weapon. I figure 5 to 20 feet is what it was made for. Any idea what the max range might be? Let's say 2 scenarios: First someone who doesn't shoot 1911s regular. Think small framed woman with minimum upper body strength to wrists/forearm strength. Chances of hitting COM.

Typical 1911 guy/gal. Shoots 1911s exclusively. Won't even discuss 10mm, 9mm, 357s or 44s. Individual built like a Wall on steroids. A real man's Man. What say ye?
    Or maybe even before that. Any time someone asks me about it who hasn't heard of it, I jus tell them it's an over under shotgun, but a handgun. A very small handgun.

1. No. You must pull the trigger twice.
    2. From what I see, definitely not 6 rounds. It's a pocket pistol, so there isn't much space left over.
    3. Wouldn't we all :0)
    4. To be perfectly honest with you, I haven't shot it yet. Every one we've gotten in has sold quickly. This firearm comes in 9mm and 45ACP. If you buy one and can find the barrel for the other, they are interchangeable, which is a nice plus. If I had to guess, (since I have not fired it) I would say because of the small size and round (45ACP), it would not be a great pistol in regards to accuracy for someone who does not shoot regularly (thats why you guy the 9mm barrel to go with it). Should be fine for someone on steroids :0).

Ahhh the DoubleTap. A derringer like gun for the man who will carry nothing but a 45.

There are so many better options with higher capacity in the same size and weight class. I just don't get this gun other than the statement above.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I read a review on one of these in .45acp. Cool derringer with 2 shots and 2 more rounds if necessary.
    Good to 20 ft, but a SD shooting beyond 20 ft would not hold up in court anyway.
    It has a huge recoil, but if you need to "Save Your Life"... So What.

It would be perfect if it had an optional 'belt clip' so it could be worn between the pants and belt (like the PF9, P-11, P3AT). A 'smith could do it.

I've got one in 45acp in the standard non ported barrel. It's recoil is strong but Im not shooting it like a range gun. I got mine for 425.00 last week from my LGS. It has a very long but smooth trigger pull that stacks up the more you get towards the moment of fire. I have not measured it but it fees like an inch and a half pull. When you hold it in your hand It's visual appeal appears to be a very well built top self pocket gun. Feel as thick as a pack of playing cards at most and I carry mine in an uncle mikes pocket holster. Looking for a thinner holster but nothing I've found on the market for it yet. I'm running it with gold dots and aiming btwn six o'clock and bullseye at the 7 yard line. It's not for a recoil sensitive person. Maybe the 9mm is a bit better in the recoil department but I just had to get 45 over the 9. I ran 5 rounds over my friends chrono and with the GD it did an average of 857 at 4 feet. Hope this helps others thinking of getting one. I really like mine and feel that this puts Bond Arms and American Derringer way behind now in the derringer market by being lighter, thinner, double action over single action. I like a lot but the truth it's a backup gun to something with more rounds.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I've been interested in one of these since they came out but unfortunately I haven't came across one in person. I'd really like to at least handle one (firing it would be nice, too) before dropping the coin.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis