Theis Holsters - Custom Made Concealed Carry Holsters

This is a discussion on Theis Holsters - Custom Made Concealed Carry Holsters within the Theis Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Hi guys, I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Just a little about myself, I was born and raised in central Arkansas, I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Theis Holsters - Custom Made Concealed Carry Holsters

Sponsor

Theis Holsters - Custom Made Concealed Carry Holsters

Hi guys, I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.
    Just a little about myself, I was born and raised in central Arkansas, I have been in the meat business all my life. My wife Rhonda and I currently own and operate a meat market in Maumelle Arkansas, and are totally enjoying spoiling our first grandson Jake who just turned 2.

I have always had a love for firearms and enjoy hunting,fishing and all types of shooting sports. Rhonda and I both have our chl and both carry regularly and have taught most of our friends to do the same. I started making my own holsters a little over a year ago just for me and a few friends just as a hobby because I have always enjoyed making things with my hands. My friends kept telling me you need to sell these. So I put a few online and that is how it all started.

Now we have holsters in all 50 states, it has been a total shock to me. I never dreamed it would take off like it has. It is all because my customers got on forums just like this one and told others about there holsters and the customer service they received.

I was taught at a young age by my father to take care of your customers and they will take care of you, and that is my #1 goal, satisfied customers.

Thanks guys, I look forward to doing business with you!
    Tommy Theis

Click the link to take a look at my site!
    Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters
    oscabean likes this.
    Tommy Theis
    theisholsters.com

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Welcome to the forum. I've heard a lot of good things about your holsters and the business that you run.

Just got mine about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and it wears great! I haven't been a big fan of tuckables, but you may have changed my mind. Very fast turn-around time and good price.

Outstanding quality holster!! I have two, for my Ruger LCR & Glock 19. I would highly recommend these holster to anyone, and if your lean like me finding a holster that conceals well is difficult & these are unnoticeable. To top it off customer service is top notch!

Excellent work. Outstanding support in email. Five stars!!

Very very very happy with mine!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328574648.392944.jpg
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

Thank you so much Tommy for my very first holster. The quality is excellent. It is comfortable and easy to adjust. Your customer service has been the most appreciated. We contacted you right before you started on my fiance's holster and asked you to change it to mine since he was switching guns. Without missing a beat you had my holster out in no time with no fuss at all. It is so hard to find all of these good qualities in one place. Thank you for all you do.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my new Theis holster. (LC9 w/CT) Customer service is top notch and as busy as he is, Tommy has awesome communication when you have questions. I think my hubby's a little jealous and will be ordering soon!! ;)
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Couldn't edit my prior post, so here's a pic of the new accessory mentioned above. Very very pleased with it!
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

I've just finished my first week of full time carry of my Beretta Nano. The Mr. Theis's holster conceals great. My wife hasn't even noticed I'm carrying full time. It is really starting to get more comfortable now. Just the other day I forgot I was wearing it and almost walked into a post office.

Got the moo version with kydex clips. Retention is tight enough for sitting on the can without worrying about dropping a black steel turd on the ground.

Service was great. Tommy was able to take care of an order change for me and he was quick and professional in his response. The order was delivered in the timeframe given when i ordered. And the quality was great.

My only complaint was that the edge of the cut leather was to sharp (square) for my soft, lily-white skin. Rather than being patient and letting it age, I rounded the corner with a sharp knife. That small update made it comfy from day 1. Now I need to get a real gun belt to better balance the load without having to crank down a cheap Columbia belt

I have sent 2 friends to order from Mr. Theiss rather than mess with any of the other iwb holsters

My previous carry was primarily duty holster OC or high-rise pancake CC. When I decided to start carrying a P250SC, I went through a few holsters trying to get it right. The high-rise pancakes torque a bit too much with the high cG of the pistol, the lower pancakes peek under some cover shirts, and the OWBs don't hold the pistol close enough to my body for good CC unless I'm wearing a long jacket.

IWB was next... Tried out a few more traditional designs out of leather and kydex, but not happy with any of them.

I finally decided to give one of these goofy hybrids a chance, though I didn't like the idea of such a huge piece of leather inside my waistband. I looked at the few folks that make them for the P250SC and decided to go with Tommy based on his responsiveness and the completely nonpractical reason that anyone who is willing to pass on a trade to his grandson is a hero to me.

Customer Service: He advertised shipping in 2.5-3 weeks (pretty close, though on the shorter end, of the others) and had a very fair price. It showed up in the mail ~15 days with superb post-order followup and tracking info. Lifetime warranty and 2-week tryout period.

Comfort: I'm at the two week point and Tommy doesn't need to worry about me sending it back. This is the most comfortable rig I've ever worn, even better than a good leather pancake. That huge sheet of leather transfers most of the weight to my hip and arse instead of my belt, so there's no sag or pull. Fit is superb, cut allows a good grip despite how close it is to your body, and no problems with inadvertent mag release like I'd read about with some holster makers. It's comfortable enough that I even wear it around the property when I OC the Sig.

Concealment: He's got a good cant built into it, so at 3:30, the butt tucks nicely against my body above my waistband. If I mil-tuck a shirt, there's no hiding it, but if I tuck a shirt loosely-bloused, it disappears save for the clips. If I had a bit more gut (I'm not an ab machine, but no muffintop either), I'm not sure it would work or conceal quite as nicely. I went with the kydex clips - looks like he makes them himself out of HD material. They're nicely sanded, textured so they don't stand out and yell "gun!" on my belt, and they wrap around the belt to hold it securely. Under a loose T-shirt or buttondown, it's invisible. The only way I can get it to print is toe touches. I tried it a bit further back at 4-4:30, and it definitely prints back there.

Handling: Retention is slightly less than I like (easily adjustable since it's kydex, but I haven't done that yet), though snugging the belt adds a bit. It's not likely to fall out, and with the cant it would make it a bit difficult to pull from behind. Draw is smooth and very quick. Reholstering is easy, though the belt can push in the kydex very slightly. With the rounded edges of my SC, it pushes it open as I reholster. I'm looking at getting one for my C which has a blockier front, and I'm not sure if that would work as well without turning out the edges a bit.

Durability: I've only had it for a couple weeks, but I've worn it probably 8-16+ hours a day, 5-6 days a week (I have some deeper concealment requirements during part of the week, including today). I've done several hundred practice draws and reholsters, done some light trail running with it on, but haven't sweat a whole lot yet (it's NH). The edges of the holster are roughing up just a bit as I expected, and there's a bit of finish wear on the leather from the holsterwork, again, what I'd expect on the inside of a good leather holster. From what I can tell, it looks like it should wear very well, and heck, he's got a lifetime warranty.

Overall: Great guy to work with, quality product, quick turn, fair price, and a kid being kept off the street and at grandpa's workbench. All as it should be. Will probably be ordering some more of these in the future. I'll post some pictures sometime, but I'm very happy with this.

Things I would change if I were king for a day:
    - Offer a roughout version - The smooth backing slides on my butt a bit too much. Tommy says he may start offering this in the future. In the meantime, I took an old cell phone tacky mat that I had lying around and put it on the back of the holster. Works like a charm. Tommy also suggested sanding the back myself - I may try that out if during the summer the tacky mat gets too schwetty.
    - Turn out the edges of the kydex at the top just a bit more to aid reholstering. As I said above, reholstering is very good, but this would make it a bit better. I may mod the holster myself, but I want to put a few months on it before I do that.
    - A bit more retention, but again that's easy to fix
    - Mold the kydex "wings" so they fit the way the holster backing molds to my body - but since this is another easy fix and it will be different for everybody, I think the way he sends them out is fine. Again, after a couple months, I'll think about doing this.
    - Offer a natural cowhide backing - just because I like saddle brown. The black cowhide has no problems with bleeding/transfer even with white shirts. He offers a natural horsehide.
    - Have Jake sign each holster before it goes out the door

Got one at Christmas for my Glock 36.

Comfortable, good conceal, good price.
    http://www.concealed-carry-posted.com/

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Satisfied Theis Holster Customer

I recently purchased a Theis Holster for my Glock 19. Very comfortable and stable feeling holster. Very well made. Excellent value. Some posts had referred to a squeak during break-in period, but this has not been an issue to me. Don't even notice.

I definitely recommend the Theis Holster. Tommy Theis has prompt service and very good communication regarding status of order.

I just received mine friday. It was built for my Kimber 5" 1911. I wore it friday evening and all day saturday and found it very comfortable very effective in concealing this full size pistol. By the end of the day saturday, I found that I often did not realize that it was still on me. The quality was very good and the function was very good too. I got the cowhide version which is all black. I definitely like it all black. I also got the kydex belt clips which I like a lot. These make it easier to put on. (I think) Saturday was pretty warm out and the cowhide did fine. I only waited about two weeks for it! They are very reasonably priced too! What's not to like!? I am really sold on Theis holsters.
    I fully recommend Theis holsters. This is just perfect for my concealed carry needs at a great price point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast