My Max Tuck pics

This is a discussion on My Max Tuck pics within the White Hat Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; I received my Max Tuck just a few weeks ago and have been modifying it ever since. After 5 separate tweaks, I'm very satisfied. It's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Max Tuck pics

DC [OP]

Cool My Max Tuck pics

I received my Max Tuck just a few weeks ago and have been modifying it ever since. After 5 separate tweaks, I'm very satisfied. It's very comfortable and highly functional.

It's obvious that I've trimmed leather at many edges. I also trimmed a small amount of Kydex at the rear trigger guard area. This allows my middle finger to properly place high on the grip. I also heated the Kydex at the screw flanges so that I could create a bending of the leather to better conform to my small waist.

My Black on Black Horsehide:

IMG_3789_opt.jpg

IMG_3791_opt.jpg

IMG_3794_opt.jpg

IMG_3790_opt.jpg

Thank you Tony and crew

2. Remove Ads

Looks good! I have a King-Tuk and it's roughly identical to that, never thought of trimming a bit of kydex for a better grip out of the holster...I have an XD9sc so I need all the grip I can get with it being shorter.

Nice looking holster, hope it passes your every expectation.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Lookin' good! Let us know how you like it after breaking it in.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Looks nice, I guess I'm just old school, like the leather.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sponsor
    Wow. looks great! Very nice pics! That the most pro looking mods I have ever seen of our stuff! Fantastic work. So glad you are enjoying it!

DC [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHatCo View Post
    Wow. looks great! Very nice pics! That the most pro looking mods I have ever seen of our stuff! Fantastic work. So glad you are enjoying it!
    Thanks a lot for the compliment. It was fun and easy. I think I made a very wise choice with this holster.

And thanks for the other compliments as well guys.

I wish I knew how to modify a holster :)

I just ordered one and I'm anxious. I'm coming from comptac (meh) and supetuck (yay)

no idea what areas are supposed to be trimmed for better fit though. lol couldn't they just come like this? lol

DC [OP]
    The mods are fairly simple. As far as cutting the leather, I used a razor blade in a utility knife. I first used a pen to draw a cut line.

Most of what I cut off was the extra leather that remained after deciding how much cant I wanted, which took a few weeks of wearing it and experimenting. After seeing where the holes would be cut off it became obvious that I would need to trim off the area below where the barrel sticks through the Kydex to shorten the entire holster.

Since taking those pics I've cut off one more hole for a harder cant (second pic that shows the back). Now there are now only 2 holes on that left side.

BE SURE before you cut.

After cutting the leather I used medium sandpaper to smooth the edge, then used petroleum jelly to darken.

The other tweak where I re-formed the Kydex requires a heat gun. I used a Leister heat gun that I use for PVC welding but any basic model should work.

These are all personal preference tweaks and I bet many users are happy with a "stock" holster. Remember, BE SURE before you cut and once you commit like I have to a specific cant, there's no going back.

Nice looking Max Tuk. I have one on order that should be here in a couple more weeks, I hope. Mine is the black kytex on antique black horsehide plus I also ordered the constitution kydex with a set of silver screws.

I also have an original Crossbreed that is comfortable and I like it alot, but the White Hat can be customized easier. I really like that you can order the part separately.

Vv

i just got mine today and the way yours is set up is the way that mine will be. I carry at the 3 position and the stock configuration is fine for me. can't wait till it breaks in more. As comfortable as it is already i am going to sell my leather holsters. may carry a padel holster when i want to open carry in the country but hey for CC this is the best fit and feel i have had so far. way to many holsters sitting around not being used. thank goodness i found one that i like.

Dan

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Very nice! Glad you found what you like!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

DC [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgadams View Post
    i just got mine today and the way yours is set up is the way that mine will be. I carry at the 3 position and the stock configuration is fine for me. can't wait till it breaks in more. As comfortable as it is already i am going to sell my leather holsters. may carry a padel holster when i want to open carry in the country but hey for CC this is the best fit and feel i have had so far. way to many holsters sitting around not being used. thank goodness i found one that i like.

Dan
    I carry mine at 3 o'clock too. Mine has been serving me well. Through this summer I've worn it some days and carry my Ruger LCR in a Mr. Softy more often...due to my very active job which has me working outside in construction. On the days I do carry my XD9, the Max Tuck is completely wet from sweat on the back but always dries overnight and looks great. I prefer to carry the XD9 at night now that I have Truglo TFO sights.

here is a pic of the holster with my XDS in bi tone and my white hat max tuck I am going to get a kydex replacement for my M&P 340 with CT

This will get a lot of use. i even took a nap with the holster and pistol. very comfortable. I have been putting the clips on my blue jeans to hide it a little better. draws well and does not pull on the jeans. I have not had another holster like this to compare too. I am very happy with this one so no need to look further.

IMG-20120822-00255.jpgIMG-20120822-00257.jpg

DC [OP]
    Very nice looking pistol. Thanks for the pics. I have my Max Tuck riding very low, the top of the Kydex is just below the top of my jeans. My Max Tuck is my first IWB holster of this type and I have no desire to try any others. I have successfully avoided the dreaded drawer full of holsters syndrome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast