ATTN: FEMALE SHOOTERS... We need your help

This is a discussion on ATTN: FEMALE SHOOTERS... We need your help within the White Hat Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Howdy Folks, Tony here from White Hat Holsters and we are working on a new holster line designed specifically for concealed carry for the female ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By WhiteHatCo
  • 1 Post By MrsA

Thread: ATTN: FEMALE SHOOTERS... We need your help

Sponsor

Howdy Folks, Tony here from White Hat Holsters and we are working on a new holster line designed specifically for concealed carry for the female shooter but we need your help. Specifically what are the top issues you find when carrying a concealed weapon on your person. There are tons of bags, purses, etc, designed for concealment but we want to come up with the best concealment holster for the female shooter that allows the gun to be carried on the body, not in a bag or purse. Any ideas, suggestions, feedback that you have would be appreciated. If we use your idea, you will be the first to receive a prototype for testing as well as the completed product and anything else you want from our store. We designed our MaxTuck holster based on the feedback from everyday carry users and our own experiences and we would like to take the same approach with this line of products as well. NO idea is a bad idea. Thanks for your help. God Bless, and have a great day!
    MrsA, WinkWink and FernGully like this.

My wife carries a S&W sigma 9 and she hates using a belly band or a purse. I let her try on my hybrid cross holster from old faithful and she loves that style holster

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by buckman2591 View Post
    My wife carries a S&W sigma 9 and she hates using a belly band or a purse. I let her try on my hybrid cross holster from old faithful and she loves that style holster
    Great! Thanks for the feedback my friend!

Finally, a company designing for female shooters in mind. I do have tons of issues and ideas that I have with holsters. Really, too much to list but will be happy to help. Check out my videos. I do touch base with what my issues are.
    Mrs. A ;) - YouTube
    Please let me know if you have further questions on the issues I have with certain particular holster systems.

(post was in moderation QKShooter approved)
    Spirit51 likes this.

I would love an IWB that stays in place without a belt - there are so many things that I wear that don't have belt loops. I currently use a crossbreed super tuck but it is larger than I'd like although it works. I wear shorts under skirts or dresses to be able to use it when I want to dress that way.

I know you're asking for holster feedback but to be honest my BIGGEST frustration is gun belts. They all look like men's belts. I never wore a belt before carrying and even now am not using a "gun" belt although I know it would make a big comfort difference. The problem is I really don't want to wear a belt that looks like I took it out of my husband's closet. The only gun belt I've found that I would even consider is Crossbreed's Dress Belt, but at $100 I haven't taken the plunge. I'd love to have a good gun belt in the $50-70 price range that had at least a prettier buckle than what's marketed for men.

Would love to see what you come up with.

My Mom's not a forumite (on any forum) and after about a decade of carrying has never found a holster that works for her J-frame and dresses/skirts. She's got a nice couple holsters for times she wears skirts/pants with a jacket, but not for a dress without a belt. She's also not a huge fan of purse carry, and doesn't like thigh holsters either. She's tried shoulder holsters and even that Flash-bang thing, but not happy yet.

I'd think that something along the lines of a belly-band, but with a formed leather and/or kydex holster might be useful - would bring the holster up above the hips (more concealable) without requiring a belt, while still being a "real" holster with a smooth draw, retention, and reholstering.

She likes the retention of a cross breed, but doesn't like how much of her hip is covered by the leather. Kydex is a plus compared to a purely nylon holster

As a newbie to concealed carry, I am not sure what I want, but I do know that it must be comfortable! I have looked at several different ways to carry, but most of them are geared toward the younger woman. (I am 65) I finally just decided to carry in my purse. I know that it is not the best way to carry a firearm, but all things considered, it seems to be the best for me at the moment. I would love to find a way to carry just inside the waistband of my slacks, but I don't wear a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
    As a newbie to concealed carry, I am not sure what I want, but I do know that it must be comfortable! I have looked at several different ways to carry, but most of them are geared toward the younger woman. (I am 65) I finally just decided to carry in my purse. I know that it is not the best way to carry a firearm, but all things considered, it seems to be the best for me at the moment. I would love to find a way to carry just inside the waistband of my slacks, but I don't wear a belt.
    Let him know what kind of handgun you carry. I know about what you speak. I have a impossible time finding anything around the waist. I have always had a very small, short waist. Now with the arthritis and being a bit broader in the beam....it is really difficult. I purse carry, but like you not crazy about it. I started using my hubby's Ruger LCP in my jeans pocket when shopping. It worked so well that he got me one for Valentine's Day. I kinda gave up on waist carry for me, but I will keep watching to see if anything new develops.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

here are my list of wants:
    -smaller width of holster. My Kholster takes up my too much real estate on my waist.
    -Hidden clips. I love the concept of the Remora clipless system
    -To have gun ride lower. Women tend to have shorter torso so drawing when the gun is too high does not feel natural.
    -making something that can be modular. I'm all about 2-fers (check my channel for examples)
    -Although I do love kydex but since I have 3 guns in rotation for my edc, it can get expensive. Would like a holster to carry other guns as well. My Remora does that.
    -Simple design, smaller profile and easy to adjust cant
    -come with different belt loops to accommodate different belt size
    -would love a place for my spare magus. womens pockets are too shallow to carry on the body.
    That's jus few of my wants. You can check out my youtube channel that I descuss the many issues women have in CCW.
    Mrs. A ;) - YouTube
    Mrs. A ;) - YouTube
    Mrs.A

+1 on the belt less holster. I am still searching for the perfect holster.

I have a few extra pounds in the middle (darn baby!) and have trouble with the butt of my pistol flopping out (I suppose it could also be a pants problem.) I also would like something that fits well in different pants waists (low rise, mid rise, etc) since most women have hourglass shapes where the natural waist is. Leather is too bulky to conceal well in my slimmer clothing. My shirt has to resemble a tent if I don't want the butt of my pistol sticking out.