What Day is It?

What Day is It?

This is a discussion on What Day is It? within the .22 Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why it's 10/22 day! Hard to beat a good 10/22 for some good clean fun......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What Day is It?

What Day is It?

Why it's 10/22 day!

What Day is It?-1022_day.png

What Day is It?-100_yard_1022.png

Hard to beat a good 10/22 for some good clean fun...

I really should have one of those.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I really should have one of those.

Me too....
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    I've got five, wish I could take 'em out today!
    airslot, Risasi, AzQkr and 5 others like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member
    If you want a 10/22 they come in a huge array of configurations from old solid stock wood to modern polymer break-down models, blued or stainless, standard or upgraded trigger, etc. My personal choice is the Model 11125: Stainless steel breakdown model with an upgraded trigger and red dot.

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/...spx?item=11125

airslot, AzQkr and Risasi like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Used my Model 72, cheapie 3x9 Bushnell scope, and .22 Shorts to take out WA ground squirrels at 100 yards plus. Guessing the winds could be a real trick, but some of the most fun shooting ever.
    Risasi and airslot like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    I suppose I have missed something with these rifles, along the way. I have 2 of them, one reg rifle and one target with the heavy barrel. These are my least favorite .22 rifles. Being honest, I can find no advantage they enjoy over any other rifle. But, they are popular with others, so I digress.
    Struckat likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

What Day is It?-kimg0152.jpg
    airslot, Risasi and Goldy49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    I suppose I have missed something with these rifles, along the way. I have 2 of them, one reg rifle and one target with the heavy barrel. These are my least favorite .22 rifles. Being honest, I can find no advantage they enjoy over any other rifle. But, they are popular with others, so I digress.
    Well, if you have two there is a kit you need to pick up:

Personally I prefer precision over volume. But I think when it comes to the 10/22 it has to do with a certain critical mass reached. Sort of like Glocks, or 1911's, AR's. Millions sold in the past fifty years has lead to a plethora of aftermarket parts and the 10/22 can become whatever you want to make of it, in a cheap to shoot semi-automatic platform. 10/22 Charger pistol, cheap and light take down options for hiker/backpackers. There are also a couple of bullpup kits. They can be "accurized" via aftermarket barrels. Heck there are even 80% receivers around now. The rotary mag is also just rock solid.

Distinguished Member
    Is my 10/22 my favorite rifle? No. Does it have its place? Yes, particularly in its break-down format. Small, easy to store, reliable, reasonably accurate, options of flush mount 10 rounder to double 25s. Takes bipods, red dots, etc. My favorite 22LR rifle is actually our Ruger American 22LR and my kids even have, grudgingly, admitted that its better because its more of a precision long-distance rifle than the 10/22. But for pure plinking or backpacking the 10/22 is the choice.
    Risasi and airslot like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Love my 10/22. It's a Stainless model shipped in 1995.
    airslot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    If you want a 10/22 they come in a huge array of configurations from old solid stock wood to modern polymer break-down models, blued or stainless, standard or upgraded trigger, etc. My personal choice is the Model 11125: Stainless steel breakdown model with an upgraded trigger and red dot.

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/...spx?item=11125

That's the one I have presently and enjoy shoot it often enough with a Nikon P22 scope on it, but I prefer my Browning take-down gallery gun for shear fun.

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...roduction.html

OP, at what distance was the paper target in your original post?

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    Well, if you have two there is a kit you need to pick up:

Personally I prefer precision over volume. But I think when it comes to the 10/22 it has to do with a certain critical mass reached. Sort of like Glocks, or 1911's, AR's. Millions sold in the past fifty years has lead to a plethora of aftermarket parts and the 10/22 can become whatever you want to make of it, in a cheap to shoot semi-automatic platform. 10/22 Charger pistol, cheap and light take down options for hiker/backpackers. There are also a couple of bullpup kits. They can be "accurized" via aftermarket barrels. Heck there are even 80% receivers around now. The rotary mag is also just rock solid.
    Yeah...I have seen this stuff for years and it is cool. And, the aftermarket has always been huge, for them. I guess my disappoint with them comes mostly from the trigger, short stock and not being really accurate out of the box...even the Target model came with a dismal trigger. My 10/22's are the least accurate of all of my brand name .22's. At any rate, I am in the minority on the rifle and that is fine with me...kind of used to being in that position with gun stuff.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

One of my sons has mine now. I bought it in the early 80’s, and although a good gun, it was replaced with a Ruger MkII Target two tone. The 10/22 was pointless for my purposes. But I don’t learn as I have a pointless 22lr upper for my AR.
    My son loves it the 10/22.

The next rimfire for me will be a bolt gun.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    That's the one I have presently and enjoy shoot it often enough with a Nikon P22 scope on it, but I prefer my Browning take-down gallery gun for shear fun.

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...roduction.html

OP, at what distance was the paper target in your original post?
    It was 100 yards...uh 'ish. Out at a buddy's place in a cow pasture. Kind of down a gully then back up the hill a ways. I was making use of the sling and kind of resting off of a metal fence post. When I stepped it off it was roughly 95 steps and kind of a weirdish angle so I estimated it at roughly 100 yards, give or take a few. I was shooting south with a 8-10mph cross wind from the WSW...the wind would gust here and there and blew a few off paper.

Using the same rifle and scope in the first pic. Ruger 10/22 Sporter, wearing a 2-7x32 Vortex Viper with a BDC reticle. I have it zeroed at 75 yards on the crosshairs and was out there that day popping off a few hundred rounds at varying distances testing the BDC. I think that target I was testing some Velocitors and Win Super-X. Squirrels and pop cans within 125 yards on a still day better look out...
    AzQkr and airslot like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links