Ruger Wrangler warning video... - Page 2

Ruger Wrangler warning video...

This is a discussion on Ruger Wrangler warning video... within the .22 Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by WebleyHunter Wait, what? Discussing an issue with your new Ruger, something that's either design or manufacturing related, gets you banned on the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Ruger Wrangler warning video...

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    Wait, what?

Discussing an issue with your new Ruger, something that's either design or manufacturing related, gets you banned on the Ruger forum?
    Yes it did, but I don't think that the ruger forum is an "official" Ruger sponsored forum.. I could be wrong.. bob
    rotorhead1026 likes this.

VIP Member
    The grammar nazi, machinist, firearms builder (NOT ASSEMBLIER) in me wanted to tell the videographer, to stick to discussing knives! As to posting this, I'm glad you did, & judging by ALL the posts you've made (OP), I 'd say what ever forum you are referring to can pound sand. They lost a good member. As to dry firing ANY .22, in my 60+ years of shooting, I NEVER do, without the aid of protection to the firing pin. That's just me. Others may do as they want, with their firearms.
    OldVet likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    The grammar nazi, machinist, firearms builder (NOT ASSEMBLIER) in me wanted to tell the videographer, to stick to discussing knives! As to posting this, I'm glad you did, & judging by ALL the posts you've made (OP), I 'd say what ever forum you are referring to can pound sand. They lost a good member. As to dry firing ANY .22, in my 60+ years of shooting, I NEVER do, without the aid of protection to the firing pin. That's just me. Others may do as they want, with their firearms.
    Pete.. Thanks for the kind words.. I dunno, I kind of liked the video.. The guy seemed genuine anyway . He DID figure out his gun had a problem, and didn't run crying to Ruger as most of us would have. he saw what the issue was, took a file and fixed it. If I hadn't stumbled on that video I may have dry fired it more than I should have and caused the same amount of damage his gun sustained.
    However, I typically do not sit there and dry fire anything multiple times.Yes I do dry fire my guns here or there, once or twice.

I probably will be doing that a LOT less in the future however.. The ONLY issue I have at all and its not a big one, is how the manual says its perfectly ok to dry fire the gun that gives owners a false sense of security. Even if the manual said something like
    " Dry firing this pistol for extended periods is not recommended".. you know, just place some doubt about the wisdom of dry firing the gun out there.
    Whatever, its STILL a great gun!... Glad I bought it!...... bob
    Pete63 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Like I said in your range report, I'm going to have to snatch on up for under $200. Great bargin ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    Wait, what?

Discussing an issue with your new Ruger, something that's either design or manufacturing related, gets you banned on the Ruger forum?
    Uh, there was a little more to it than that. It was a rather heated discussion between OP and a moderator. Got him 30 days in the forum jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozz10mm View Post
    Uh, there was a little more to it than that. It was a rather heated discussion between OP and a moderator. Got him 30 days in the forum jail.
    It did get heated when he got really nasty for no reason.. I did nothing wrong and he accused me-
    1- of calling him a liar which I never did
    2- acting like I knew more about the Wrangler than ruger- which is false also,
    The guy is nasty, he was wrong and I really have no intention of wasting my time on that forum with nasty vindictive moderators on it.

I will go where there is civility.. Just not worth the aggravation.

No where on that discussion did I say anything in appropriate, and was singled out and threatened, and the place just isn't worth my time... I won't miss it.

VIP Member
    there are no 22LR that can be dry fired to my knowledge
    Lifetime NRA Member,collector,reloader.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    there are no 22LR that can be dry fired to my knowledge
    Understood.. thats why there is damage occurring to these guns.. the manual says it fine to dry fire them, and guys are simply following what the manufacturer states is perfectly acceptable..
    that may be changing. My new cylinder arrived and ruger requested i send them the original back for examination.
    Even sent a shipping label with it... bob

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Evidently this is an issue with this. Someone on another forum reported being banned for reporting this, even though others have reported this same issue.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

What I hate about videos such as this is waiting until halfway through it before he actually shows you what the issue is. Too much yak-yak. Get to the point.
    Pete63, TimBob, catfish54 and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Evidently this is an issue with this. Someone on another forum reported being banned for reporting this, even though others have reported this same issue.
    That was me.. banned by the Ruger forum . The reason for banning was this exact quote from the mods there- "knows more than Ruger".
    Ruger now suspects there is a problem, as they have the video in question, and have asked to examine my cylinder, which I am glad to do.. they as always have been extremely courteous and professional.. ruger customer support is second to none..bob
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Banned by a Ruger forum for mention an issue. Maybe but I would think there was more to it. 50 years of Ruger products. A company that sells more of one model hand gun the the magical glock does it's entire line. If Ruger even suspects and issue the issue a recall and the forever keep trying to track those firearms down. No other manufacture has done a better job than they have. As with any product things happen , Ruger 100% stands by their weapons. They don't have a warranty for a simple reason, they don't need one. The hassle no BS they will fix it and make it right.
    Some time back we had a person on a forum, ass upset pissed at Ruger. He lost a pin taking the firearm apart. Upset he could not buy an after market one with out a long delay. He was not going to Pay Ruger prices to buy the pin. We challenged him to calm down and call Ruger. After a bit he did. Ruger mailed him the pin free. I could go on with many such Ruger stories but if you are trying to make a point against Ruger will do no good.
    Ruger is to this day still tracking down revolvers made before many here were born for a possible safety issue.
    To my knowledge Ruger does not run the forums, just like Harley does not run the many HD fourms.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Banned by a Ruger forum for mention an issue. Maybe but I would think there was more to it. 50 years of Ruger products. A company that sells more of one model hand gun the the magical glock does it's entire line. If Ruger even suspects and issue the issue a recall and the forever keep trying to track those firearms down. No other manufacture has done a better job than they have. As with any product things happen , Ruger 100% stands by their weapons. They don't have a warranty for a simple reason, they don't need one. The hassle no BS they will fix it and make it right.
    Some time back we had a person on a forum, ass upset pissed at Ruger. He lost a pin taking the firearm apart. Upset he could not buy an after market one with out a long delay. He was not going to Pay Ruger prices to buy the pin. We challenged him to calm down and call Ruger. After a bit he did. Ruger mailed him the pin free. I could go on with many such Ruger stories but if you are trying to make a point against Ruger will do no good.
    Ruger is to this day still tracking down revolvers made before many here were born for a possible safety issue.
    To my knowledge Ruger does not run the forums, just like Harley does not run the many HD fourms.
    You may have misunderstood the intent of my reply.. Ruger is NOT affliliated with the Ruger forum, its the forum thats nasty- not ruger!As you said they are THE BEST when it comes to customer service.. When I made them aware of the fact that the pin was actually contacting the cylinder in my Wrangler, they called me back, very nicely said they were sending me a new cylinder, and politely requested the return of the old one so they could examine it.. Now I did NOT ask for a new cyl, and never once complained. Just made them aware that word was getting around of some problems with the pin hitting the edges of the bores in the cyl. I said that although it was just starting in mine, I would no longer dry fire it, or if I wanted to, would put spent casings in it. I kept insisting the gun was fine, that I was perfectly happy with it.. They just want to be 100% certain of the product they sell, and avoid any problems down the road.. They are a superb firearm builder, and I own 6 Rugers, that have all been top notch... bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links