Gsg 1911 22lr

Gsg 1911 22lr

This is a discussion on Gsg 1911 22lr within the .22 Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a GSG 1911 and it runs great on CCI Mini Mags 22LR. It does not run well on most other Ammo that I ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Any Day Now
  • 3 Post By 5lima30ret
  • 1 Post By airslot
  • 1 Post By Dirt Bike

Thread: Gsg 1911 22lr

Gsg 1911 22lr

I have a GSG 1911 and it runs great on CCI Mini Mags 22LR. It does not run well on most other Ammo that I have tried. Any one have any luck running anything else in there GSG 1911 22LR?

Distinguished Member Array Rotorflyr's Avatar
    Other then some stuff I bought at a show, had no issues with any of the factory ammo I put thru the one I had...
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

I have the Sig version and it seems to run on everything.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    Other then some stuff I bought at a show, had no issues with any of the factory ammo I put thru the one I had...
    I bought mine in 2013 and it jams on all bulk ammo. What year did you buy yours?

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    I have the Sig version and it seems to run on everything.
    What year did you buy yours ? Bought mine in 2013

I have a GSG 922 1911 .22LR...its the one that looks like an officer 1911.

Its a really cool little .22 - accurate and reliable for me.

For "bulk" type .22LR I recently bought a bunch of Browning BPR .22 on sale (Browning Performance Rimfire).

It runs in the GSG like a champ.

That said - I settled on the Browning ammo b/c I don't like to go too cheap...cheap = dirty = .22 semi that wont run reliably.
    5lima30ret and Dirt Bike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Any Day Now View Post
    I have a GSG 922 1911 .22LR...its the one that looks like an officer 1911.

Its a really cool little .22 - accurate and reliable for me.

For "bulk" type .22LR I recently bought a bunch of Browning BPR .22 on sale (Browning Performance Rimfire).

It runs in the GSG like a champ.

That said - I settled on the Browning ammo b/c I don't like to go too cheap...cheap = dirty = .22 semi that wont run reliably.
    I also have had good luck with the Browning rimfire ammo! It seems to be very clean and consistent and runs great in my Ruger 22/45 which tends to be picky unlike the my M&P 22 Compact than eats anything including cheap bulk ammo even Thunderduds like a fat kid eating Skittles!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

What year did you buy yours ? Bought mine in 2013
    I really don't recall when I acquired it. It was purchased pre-owned. You may want to ck some of the issues noted below with the early production units. Purchased in 2013 doesn't always mean made in 2013. Could have been sitting around awhile. You may want to contact ATI and run the serial #.

Gun Review: German Sport Guns (“GSG”) 1911 .22

Problem Areas

If you spend any time reading older (2010 and 2011 era) internet reviews of the GSG 1911 .22, you’ll note consistent reports of a few key problem areas. In retrospect, it appears that the GSG 1911 .22 may have been rushed to the market. Fast forward two years, and it appears that the gun has now been thoroughly Beta-tested. As far as I can tell, GSG has resolved the major issues.

But far and away, the biggest problem area was the factory guide rod and its associated buffer, washer, and spring. The first generation guide rod was both skeletonized and made out of zinc alloy. As a result, they tended to snap off at their base after as few as 500 rounds. GSG has made some design changes to the guide rod and the new ones seem to be doing much better. My test gun was still going strong at 1500 rounds when I swapped the factory guide rod out for a CWA replacement.

The first generation recoil spring also caused a few headaches. GSG initially used the same tapered, directional recoil spring that they use on their GSG 522s. If you installed the spring in backwards, it could cause havoc with the gun. Fortunately, GSG now uses a non-tapered spring and my understanding is that ATI will retrofit the older units free of charge.

The barrel bushings on the original GSG 1911 .22’s were made out of zinc alloy, and they frequently cracked. GSG’s now makes the barrel bushing out of steel which has resolved the problem.

GSG originally outfitted the 1911 .22 with a rubber buffer disk, but that has been replaced by a clear plastic disk. The stainless steel washer was also redesigned, and is now shorter and thicker than the previous washer.

The recoil spring plug was also redesigned by adding two small anti-twist “ledges” to the plug. These feet are critical to the operation of the pistol, and therefore aftermarket plugs should not be used.
    Dirt Bike likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

She is picky with ammo but she sure is beautiful
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gsg 1911 22lr-20200115_234308_1579163703368.jpg  

5lima30ret likes this.

Beautiful
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gsg 1911 22lr-20200115_234408_1579163956688.jpg  

Sponsored Links