Which CCI round for SD in short barrel handgun??? - Page 3

Which CCI round for SD in short barrel handgun???

This is a discussion on Which CCI round for SD in short barrel handgun??? within the .22 Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; 22 rimfire for SD? Not in this lifetime....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Which CCI round for SD in short barrel handgun???

22 rimfire for SD? Not in this lifetime.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Well yeah, but you're "Bad" Bob, and we're not.

I'm just messing with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I never try to tell anyone else what they should carry.

Fine, but any opinions on what the best .22 ammo is for such an insane endevour??.. You know, for the few that might disagree with you?.. I mean that WAS the point of the post, NOT to determine what an idiot the OP is for thinking differently from you...

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Fine, but any opinions on what the best .22 ammo is for such an insane endevour??.. You know, for the few that might disagree with you?.. I mean that WAS the point of the post, NOT to determine what an idiot the OP is for thinking differently from you...
    You are the one calling yourself an idiot, not me. You want to carry a 22 LR have at it. These people were shot with something way better than a 22LR.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...bbings-n650081

https://www.policeone.com/officer-sa...g4niwJFV707rJ/
    Paladin3840 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    Well yeah, but you're "Bad" Bob, and we're not.

I'm just messing with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I never try to tell anyone else what they should carry.
    I did not tell him what to carry. I just expressed my opinion. If he did not want the opinion he should have not posted on a public forum.

I did not tell him what to carry. I just expressed my opinion. If he did not want the opinion he should have not posted on a public forum.
    Thats the point.. I just asked for opinions on the best rounds for those that wish to carry a .22 at times.. I specifically asked in the original post not to opine about the perils of carrying a .22.
    You needn't have responded at all.. ..

I GET it, ok?... The .22 is NOT the best defensive round.. Thats understood.. STILL a few people DO carry it, and might want some thoughts and opinions on ammunition.. Not lectures as to why they should not carry it... bob
    jstert and JeffreyR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Thats the point.. I just asked for opinions on the best rounds for those that wish to carry a .22 at times.. I specifically asked in the original post not to opine about the perils of carrying a .22.
    You needn't have responded at all.. ..

I GET it, ok?... The .22 is NOT the best defensive round.. Thats understood.. STILL a few people DO carry it, and might want some thoughts and opinions on ammunition.. Not lectures as to why they should not carry it... bob
    No, what you want is validation.
    Paladin3840 likes this.

No, what you want is validation.
    You know nothing at all about me,, I need NO validation.. I am secure in what I carry, how I handle and fire what I carry... I wasn't carrying a .22 much and didn't really know that much about the various HV .22LR that those that do carry a .22.. I was asking opinions from our friends here that have more experience with carry .22's than I have.. Thats the extent of it..

If and when I carry a .22 or a .357, or a bazooka is my business, and I need no validation from anyone, other than the state of NY, which I have..

However there are times when I trust others that have more knowledge than I have about a specific round, or gun or carry technique.. I was simply seeking knowledge and experience,, NOT ""validation"...
    Kindly direct me to the part of any of my posts on this thread where I was "seeking validation"... bob
    jstert likes this.

If I were to carry a .22 for self-defense, it would be a .22-250.
    Bad Bob and PAcanis like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

You are the one calling yourself an idiot, not me. You want to carry a 22 LR have at it. These people were shot with something way better than a 22LR.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...bbings-n650081

https://www.policeone.com/officer-sa...g4niwJFV707rJ/
    Bob - you are too old school. This is the age of PC. It's all about "feeling good". So stop trying to confuse the issue with facts. They just get in the way of convenience and feeling good. When looking for an excuse to justify something, (tailisman), one excuse is as good as another, and there is an endless supply.
    Bad Bob and Nmuskier like this.

Mods, kindly close this up.. As I thought it might, it has degenerated into something I didn't want it to... I got a few worthwhile answers and have what I consider a few good ammo choices on the way.. My thanks to those that responded with good useful information.... bob

Doesn't the original poster, the one who started the thread, have the option to close the thread themselves? I'm guessing somewhere in the "go advanced" area?
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Doesn't the original poster, the one who started the thread, have the option to close the thread themselves? I'm guessing somewhere in the "go advanced" area?

I think only in the For Sale forum.
    But hardly anyone uses it and a mod usually has to close the thread when an item sells.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

since this thread isnít closed and itís still a free country i will chime in. iím with beebee on his choice of a ruger lcp22 as a ccw. i too am retired, can avoid likely danger zones, have several ccw choices. i like 22lr because i enjoy practicing with it alot. i can hit with it. a 22lr ccw is always on me, naa survival model with cv revision grips. i got a ruger lcp22 because a well loved and often practiced ruger sr22 is a tad too big to be an anytime ccw. if ruger had offered a lcp32acp i would have jumped on it too. iíve put about 500 rounds through my lcp22, only federal bulk lrn ammo hiccuped. thanks to beebeeís thread i will look for some aguila interceptors and cci velocitors. i added a hogue grip sleeve to my lcp22 to add some purchase, but it still pocket carries nicely.

thanks beebee for originally posting your question.
    PAcanis, Bikenut, Talldog and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jstert View Post
    since this thread isnít closed and itís still a free country i will chime in. iím with beebee on his choice of a ruger lcp22 as a ccw. i too am retired, can avoid likely danger zones, have several ccw choices. i like 22lr because i enjoy practicing with it alot. i can hit with it. a 22lr ccw is always on me, naa survival model with cv revision grips. i got a ruger lcp22 because a well loved and often practiced ruger sr22 is a tad too big to be an anytime ccw. if ruger had offered a lcp32acp i would have jumped on it too. iíve put about 500 rounds through my lcp22, only federal bulk lrn ammo hiccuped. thanks to beebeeís thread i will look for some aguila interceptors and cci velocitors. i added a hogue grip sleeve to my lcp22 to add some purchase, but it still pocket carries nicely.

thanks beebee for originally posting your question.
    I am retired too, mostly. I am not willing to bet the life of my family to "maybe a hit with a 22 will work" rifles fail to stop sometimes. Have fun, just don't tell me you are prepared for anything beyond an tiny invasion of small rodents.

The ONLY reason to carry a 22 rimfire is if you have physical limitations that force that. My grandfather carried a 22LR due to crippling arthritis, but he could dot your eyes from across the room with the pistol hidden under the blanket on his lap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links