We recently acquired a S&W-.22RF-Victory model

This is a discussion on We recently acquired a S&W-.22RF-Victory model within the .22 Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; We recently acquired a S&W-.22RF-Victory model with the threaded barrel for mounting a suppressor if one were to have or desire one eventually. Modular component ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By djw1945
  • 2 Post By Old Man
  • 4 Post By Walk Soft
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 3 Post By gasmitty

Thread: We recently acquired a S&W-.22RF-Victory model

We recently acquired a S&W-.22RF-Victory model with the threaded barrel for mounting a suppressor if one were to have or desire one eventually. Modular component design best describes the Victory Model. We ordered (2) additional magazines form Midway which were delivered yesterday. The trigger is much better than I anticipated. So today we utilized some Federal Premium Gold Metal.22RF. Target minute of tin-cans, I just wanted to check functionality.

Three of the four magazines no problem. The fourth magazine, the top round would not chamber. Removed that round and the other (9) Rds chambered. I'll have to examine that issue further. I'm not stipulating the trigger is exceptional, but it is better than some of the Colt, Ruger and High-Standard .22RF handguns I've fired in the past. A sample of one is hard to evaluate in comparison to others.
    Old Man, gasmitty and 5lima30ret like this.

Distinguished Member
    Several persons who regularly contribute to the DC Forum have these and like them. I understand that they are capable of fine accuracy and some have used them as the basis for customizing for target shooting. Good luck on your purchase and have fun busting tin cans!
    djw1945 and Wellcraft1 like this.

I have one and itís the funnest to shoot gun I have. I shoot it more accurately than any pistol I have. It has a good trigger, good sights and runs. Iíve had mine for over a year. Iíve had an RDS for it since Christmas, but I had so much fun shooting it stock that I just last week put the Vortex Venom on it.

The first pic is the first outing with it. I brought several types of ammo to see what it would run. BTW it ran flawless with everything but CCI Quiet which was expected. I ended up shooting over 800 rounds the first day.

The second pic is @ 50 yards using a rear bag as a rest with the RDS shooting Federal AutoMatch. The odd group is off hand @ 25 yards. Iím a fan.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I too have the model with the threaded barrel and it is a blast to shoot. My whole family loves shooting it. At first I thought it was just a little too muzzle end heavy but I have grown to like it. It is easy to shoot this little pistol accurately and it is simple to break down for cleaning.
    djw1945 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by djw1945 View Post
    We recently acquired a S&W-.22RF-Victory model with the threaded barrel for mounting a suppressor if one were to have or desire one eventually. Modular component design best describes the Victory Model. We ordered (2) additional magazines form Midway which were delivered yesterday. The trigger is much better than I anticipated. So today we utilized some Federal Premium Gold Metal.22RF. Target minute of tin-cans, I just wanted to check functionality.

Three of the four magazines no problem. The fourth magazine, the top round would not chamber. Removed that round and the other (9) Rds chambered. I'll have to examine that issue further. I'm not stipulating the trigger is exceptional, but it is better than some of the Colt, Ruger and High-Standard .22RF handguns I've fired in the past. A sample of one is hard to evaluate in comparison to others.
    You can feed your new Victory much more pedestrian ammo than the Fed Gold Medal - that stuff is pricey! A friend has shot his in my club's monthly .22 pistol steel match with Blazer and Aguila ammo - plenty accurate (better than minute of soda can!) and functioned just fine.

As always with .22s, try a bunch of different ammo and see what gives you the best accuracy.
    Last edited by gasmitty; Today at 12:26 AM.
    SatCong, bmcgilvray and djw1945 like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I read the title as something entirely different.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Sponsored Links