Glock 19 Gen3 BB pistol arrived

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen3 BB pistol arrived within the Airgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I received my Glock 19 Gen3 BB pistol today. Lots of fun already but just a 100 or so shots at some cans. I will ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By MMinSC
  • 1 Post By Matthew Temkin
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By MMinSC
  • 1 Post By 6strings

Thread: Glock 19 Gen3 BB pistol arrived

I received my Glock 19 Gen3 BB pistol today. Lots of fun already but just a 100 or so shots at some cans. I will play with it more the next few days.

Before I describe it, here is what I was looking for when I purchased it. Just like regular guns, I have specific uses for air guns. I think explaining my reasoning may help others determine if this gun also would fit their needs.

Criteria were as follows:

1. CO2 powered repeater. I wanted the minimal effort for this pistol. I.E. no cocking, bolt, pump, etc. Just point and shoot.
    2. BB's only. This will be for casual plinking and fun only. Cheap to shoot. I can shoot pellets in other platforms.
    3. Accurate, to an extent. Not looking for a 10 meter pistol here but I didn't want something that shoots like my 1950s Red Ryder either.
    4. No blowback. Not looking for a replica or trainer. Don't care if it looks like a "real" gun. Just do not want to waste the CO2 on the blowback action that would be pointless for my purposes. I would rather change gas less and plink more. Like in #1, least amount of effort spent doing things that are not shooting.
    5. Price. Under $100 was the limit. Less is always better. That budget would have allowed most all the pellet trainer/replicas but I was willing to spend an equal amount for a very good quality simpler bb gun.

I researched quite a lot. Reading articles and reviews and watched a lot of videos. I enjoy that anyway. Finally decided on the Glock 19 Gen 3. The reviews were excellent, it was quite accurate in the videos, no blowback, and Pyramid Air had refurbs for $50.

The pistol really looks and feels like a Glock 19. Weight, everything. Holds 16 BBs, so it matches the original in capacity.

Glock 19 Gen3 BB pistol arrived-glock.jpg

It is a pretty powerful BB pistol. Reviews had it at 420-455 fps. Generally, no blowback means more velocity. Reports of up to 200 shots per gas cartridge were in some reviews but most stated well over 100 with still good velocity. Perfect.

It was accurate for the can shooting I did before dark. Reviews had it with very good accuracy, I will see. Feels great to shoot. No problems.

I thought the loading of the CO2 is a good design. Remove the backstrap(I know, not very Gen3 is it?) and the tool folds out from the backstrap. That is used to tighten the gas.

Glock 19 Gen3 BB pistol arrived-glock2.jpg

I will update as I shoot this more. So far, it is exactly what I wanted for the purposes outlined above. Quality is great and everything works as it should.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

One thing to note. This thing really feels like a Glock 19. Trigger dingus and everything. So much so that I loaded it and tried to point and shoot but it would not fire. Checked it and still would not shoot. Then I noticed the little trigger safety. Not the dingus, a real safety that runs across the trigger itself. So duh, but it felt so much like real Glock I completely did not expect a safety. The safety itself is not bad at all. very small and discreet, you will not notice it( I didn't).

Distinguished Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    I have this And the airsoft version. Both are excellent.
    MMinSC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Perhaps a side-by-side gel block comparison with your BB gun and an actual 9mm? I'm thinking they will be close...
    MMinSC likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Perhaps a side-by-side gel block comparison with your BB gun and an actual 9mm? I'm thinking they will be close...
    Probably. I only have cherry jello at home so will have to photograph it on a sunny day. I only own one pair of jeans, so no denim test either.
    Mike1956 likes this.

It`s a sweet shooter alright ,, i got mine directly from umarex back when they first came out , i only wish i would of opted for an additional magazine at the time . What i dont like about it is that it does not fit any glock 19 holsters that i own , it`s too wide to fit , and the trigger wears on my finger when shooting it alot ,, i dont have a light or laser to try to see if one of those would fit but im going to guess not because of the too wide for holster issue ,, maybe the newest made ones will be different ?
    MMinSC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6strings View Post
    It`s a sweet shooter alright ,, i got mine directly from umarex back when they first came out , i only wish i would of opted for an additional magazine at the time . What i dont like about it is that it does not fit any glock 19 holsters that i own , it`s too wide to fit , and the trigger wears on my finger when shooting it alot ,, i dont have a light or laser to try to see if one of those would fit but im going to guess not because of the too wide for holster issue ,, maybe the newest made ones will be different ?
    I read recent reviews before purchasing it and they mentioned that "most" Glock 19 holsters are slightly too narrow. Apparently not much of a difference but enough with kydex holsters. The rail is supposed to be standard but I have not checked. For me, this was purely for fun. At times when I do not want to shoot a more serious(and more effort) single shot pellet gun. It shoots quite accurately and is a very well made air pistol. Good power, economical on the CO2, easy to use. Glad I purchased it.

I could buy this. I don't have a problem with having a BB gun that is made of plastic.

Sponsored Links